What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

what could be causing my mouse lag / stutter?

Mr. Friendly

I have the Logitech MK820 wireless keyboard / mouse combo and randomly everything starts to lag and stutter. my typing starts to lag / stutter...miss letters typed or duplicates letters repeatedly. the mousse lags so badly it;'s almost unusable. when I check performance under task manager no app is spiking in CPU usage, but when I try to move the mouse around, the CPU spikes to about 40%.

lowfat

Staff member
Move the receiver closer if possible? They aren't very high range if its not a clear path to the devices.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Yep, probably what LF has said. I had mouse issues with the dongle plugged in to the PC under the desk. Moved it to a spare monitor USB spot and they went away.

I figured that it must have been the metal filing cabinet between the mouse and PC was causing signal attenuation.

Lysrin

No chance the batteries are dying? Obvious I know but thought I would mention. My wireless mouse will behave erratically when the battery is getting low, sometimes even before the software tells me the battery is low.

(I'm going to get slapped for even suggesting that by ah well...)

Mr. Friendly

I think I know what's causing it. stupid Tiny is throttling my CPU to 800mhz again. I don't think it's even been 6 months since I cleaned the HSF, but seem sit needs it again. ARGH!!!

GregoireA

Low batt is most likely problem. Signal interference is the other. I have been plagued by that problem time and time again. Only way to prevent it is to put the transmitter near the edge of the mouse pad, or try and move things away from your computer to figure out what causes the most.

Latest posts

Twitter