What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

what DAC, AMP, Speakers & Headphones do you have?

Inik

Folding Team
Shiit stack and Massdrop Sennheiser HD6XX.

I have old speaker, but not connected to my PC!

I use Plantronics Bluetooth Backbeat Pro for listening to music while doing chores.

Entz

Shows you how much I haven't been paying attention. When did the Magni 3 drop? Looks amazing.

I always took you for a Woo WA7 Fireflies kind of person Mr.Friendly. Highish end.

Still using my E09K as an amp, HE400S planars. embarrassingly I am between DACs at the moment and using line out :doh: . Exchange rate is killing me, really do want to replace them with a Modi2/Vali or Magni even.

The Great Gazoo

surround sound is overrated. :whistle:

sound cards are a racket :whistle:

everything is about the AMP n DAC! :punk:

I might just by my Schiit with my BTC. :bananafunky:

You'll have to come over sometime to hear G.O.T. or DVD-Audio on my home theater with the Paradigm Mini Monitors through the Denon AVR-X4100W and Oppo DVD player. I'm trying to figure out how I can easily get some Atmos speakers in my ceiling next. I'm not likely to throw any more money at the PC/Mancave for a while. I already get complaints from the family that I play things too loud in there. lol

Spend that BTC buddy! :ph34r:

Jokester

Shows you how much I haven't been paying attention. When did the Magni 3 drop? Looks amazing.

I always took you for a Woo WA7 Fireflies kind of person Mr.Friendly. Highish end.

Still using my E09K as an amp, HE400S planars. embarrassingly I am between DACs at the moment and using line out :doh: . Exchange rate is killing me, really do want to replace them with a Modi2/Vali or Magni even.

Magni 3 is over hyped. Better off spending a bit more and getting a NFB-11 from Audio GD. I'm going to replace my little D1 with one.

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
source material for over-hype on the Magni 3?

the jump from the Modi 2 and Magni 3 to the next level is quite large, and the amount I listen to music now it's overkill.

the ability to upgrade their higher end products is enticing though... :p

Caldezar

I use a Sennheiser GSX1000 DAC and Audio-Technica ATH-ADG1 headphones. I have some cheap Creative speakers on my desk but they haven't been hooked up for at least 18 months.

I JUST ordered the GSX1000 and I'm hoping I didn't make the wrong choice. How do you find them? I'm hoping for higher quality surround and overall sound in games, and a serviceable option for music. And I like that it was one of the options that allowed for easy hardware switching between headset and speakers.

I also have Sennheiser HD598's and a pair of Kanto YU5's that I love. And I have shiny new Sennheiser G4ME 0NE's sitting in a box to replace the 598's once my GSX arrives. I know they're basically the same headset, but I've had no end of trouble getting my USB snowball mic to work consistently with Discord, and I had a pretty bad experience with ModMic a while back. So... G4ME 0NE's it was.

Jokester

source material for over-hype on the Magni 3?

the jump from the Modi 2 and Magni 3 to the next level is quite large, and the amount I listen to music now it's overkill.

the ability to upgrade their higher end products is enticing though... :p

If you want to stay at that price point it's perfect and nothing beats it for sure.... But for a bit more you can do another jump into what I think is a better overall unit.

https://youtu.be/mFwS4SPQWTk

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
I JUST ordered the GSX1000 and I'm hoping I didn't make the wrong choice. How do you find them? I'm hoping for higher quality surround and overall sound in games, and a serviceable option for music. And I like that it was one of the options that allowed for easy hardware switching between headset and speakers.

I also have Sennheiser HD598's and a pair of Kanto YU5's that I love. And I have shiny new Sennheiser G4ME 0NE's sitting in a box to replace the 598's once my GSX arrives. I know they're basically the same headset, but I've had no end of trouble getting my USB snowball mic to work consistently with Discord, and I had a pretty bad experience with ModMic a while back. So... G4ME 0NE's it was.

The soundstage is :censored:ing incredible for gaming on my headset compared to the Soundblaster G5 DAC I was using. I don't listen to music on my computer, so can't speak to that.