What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

what DAC, AMP, Speakers & Headphones do you have?

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
If you want to stay at that price point it's perfect and nothing beats it for sure.... But for a bit more you can do another jump into what I think is a better overall unit.

https://youtu.be/mFwS4SPQWTk

weird...you just contradicted yourself. you said it's over-hyped and then it's the best thing for that price point. it can't be both. that video review says it's best for it's price point as well.

however, I'm just ribbing. ;)

there's always something better for a bit more. LOL!

how about the Vali 2 vs the NFB-11?

btw, who are your preferred reviewers? I'm fond of Z Review myself.

Jokester

weird...you just contradicted yourself. you said it's over-hyped and then it's the best thing for that price point. it can't be both. that video review says it's best for it's price point as well.

however, I'm just ribbing. ;)

there's always something better for a bit more. LOL!

how about the Vali 2 vs the NFB-11?

btw, who are your preferred reviewers? I'm fond of Z Review myself.

Funny, I didn't like Z at first but now I really like him. Seems honest and pretty blunt with his reviews.

Its overhyped as far as people acting like its the best dac/amp on reddit and such. Which to be fair it is great... at that price point. I would just rather save up a bit more and get something I will be holding onto and happy with for longer. Which I think the NFB-11 should do for me :thumb:

Well, the Vali 2 is tube... so that's for someone looking for that tube sound. That would be something one would put between a record player and their headphones most likely. I have something similar setup > https://www.needledoctor.com/Bellari-VP130-Tube-Phono-Preamp

The bifrost is usually compared to the NFB-11.

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
I should say that I'm looking for a mid-range DAC and amp. my Stax SR-2170's don't need an amp, it's a kit that includes a solid state proprietary amp. I don't have anything fancy for phones...the HE-350's and HE-4xx and my Stax...well, those are fancy. but I doubt I'll ever spend more than a G on dynamic and planar magnetic's, so they match the quality of my Stax. :)

from what I've read, the Schiit Stack is where it's at. :)

Last edited:

Jokester

I should say that I'm looking for a mid-range DAC and amp. my STAX SR-2170's don't need an amp, it's a kit that includes a solid state proprietary amp.

Z seemed to be rather fond of them. ugly as sin though :haha: You can't use them with any of the dac/amps anyhow. Would have to be an earspeaker amp.

Cannon Fodder

Yeah, the millions of flies out in the cow pasture think the same! :haha: :whistle:

Friendly, you STILL haven't elaborated on those Kantos, even tho I asked you earlier in this thread.... I'm shocked you didn't jump at the opportunity to add to your post count! :ph34r:

Cannon Fodder

hey Cannon, I leveraged them and got the Kanto YU6 and SUB8 at no additional price. B)

Uhm... care to elaborate a wee bit(don't have to give out all the gory details)? I had to go back to the NCIX forums & poke around a bit to see what you were talking about - I'd forgotten the model of the speakers they had for reward points..... so you somehow managed to swap a pair of YU2's for a pair of YU6's AND a SUB8!? :punk: And back to my original question, both on NCIX, and here..... so how do they sound? :dots:

Caldezar

Well, I ended up ordering a pair of Monoprice m1060's and they arrived today. I haven't had a chance to use them yet, but quickly putting them on my head, they are MUCH more comfortable than I thought they would be based on the weight of them. I'm pretty excited to give them a go. These are definitely the 'v2's' as they have the newer connectors, longer cable, and the new finishing on the backplate.

Pretty excited to get these hooked up to my GSX 1000 and give them a whirl in gaming.If they are as good as I hope, then I'll be selling my HD850's and likely my GAME ONE's.

Caldezar

If they are as good as I hope, then I'll be selling my HD850's and likely my GAME ONE's.

Nope, nope, nope... The sound out of the m1060's is amazing. But they are WAY too heavy, and the band over the top creates physical pain in under 30 minutes of wear. These are getting returned for sure. Most unfortunate.

Back to my GAME ONE's, and doing some more digging for the right sound. Maybe a pair of ATH-MT50x's? Or perhaps break down and grab the HD 6XX's? My big thing is that I'm not sure they have enough bass for punchy gaming.

Latest posts