What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

what DAC, AMP, Speakers & Headphones do you have?

enaberif

supaflyx3

Sennheiser HD6XXs & HD598Cs, Micca MB42X passive monitors with an SMSL Sanskrit 6 dac, SMSL sApII headphone amp, fx-audio tube-03 tube pre-amp. Shopping for a 2.1 stereo amplifier now.

On that note I need a few recommendations, what are some good pre-amp tubes for warm/deep bass & lows? I have 6J1s right now. Also what's a good 100w~ subwoofer? Preferably passive.

enaberif

Sennheiser HD6XXs & HD598Cs, Micca MB42X passive monitors with an SMSL Sanskrit 6 dac, SMSL sApII headphone amp, fx-audio tube-03 tube pre-amp. Shopping for a 2.1 stereo amplifier now.

On that note I need a few recommendations, what are some good pre-amp tubes for warm/deep bass & lows? I have 6J1s right now. Also what's a good 100w~ subwoofer? Preferably passive.

Micca MB42x are pretty good little speakers. I plan to throw a small 8" or 10" sub with high level inputs to feed through my small amp for a bit more oomph.

supaflyx3

Good to hear. From the reviews I read they're the best sub $200 passive speakers to buy. Now I just need to decide if I want a powered sub + stereo amp or a 2.1 amp and a passive sub

Lpfan4ever

Wanted to buy the HD58x but after conversion and potential duties that wasn't happening. Then I decided closed cans would be best for commuting, and the DT770 250ohm was next in line. Those are also too damn expensive so I ended up with a set of ATH-M40x with Shure 840 pads and soon to be a new cable I'm going make, since 1.2m of coiled cable is unwieldy for mobile.

D

Dark Knight

Wanted to buy the HD58x but after conversion and potential duties that wasn't happening. Then I decided closed cans would be best for commuting, and the DT770 250ohm was next in line. Those are also too damn expensive so I ended up with a set of ATH-M40x with Shure 840 pads and soon to be a new cable I'm going make, since 1.2m of coiled cable is unwieldy for mobile.

HD 58x or 6XX can be found on the used market if you want to avoid duties/brokerage and any other fees couriers impose. Otherwise you could self-clear or pick it up from the US. However the drop for either isn't currently active (but it is widely requested).