What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

What do I need to do this?

lanken123

My desktop is connected to my laptop using an ethernet cable, to share the wireless connection I recieve on my laptop. Now I want to connect my 360 to my laptop so I can get some LIVE going too, but theres only one Ethernet port and it's connected to my PC. is there some sort of ethernet "hub" I can use to have both connected to my laptop?

sswilson

Staff member
I'd imagine you should be able to pick up a network card new for under $10, or even better, find a used one on kijiji.

JD

Staff member
Could also buy a switch, then your desktop won't need to be on to play XBOX, only your laptop.

Alternatively, you could get the wireless adapter for XBOX360 too and connect directly to the WiFi instead.

Synth

Could also buy a switch, then your desktop won't need to be on to play XBOX, only your laptop.

Alternatively, you could get the wireless adapter for XBOX360 too and connect directly to the WiFi instead.
Agreed. Probably the cheapest and simplest solution. Don't bother getting a gigabit switch though, because your internet surely doesn't exceed 100mb (hell, probably not even 10mb)...

Getting a wifi adapter for the XBOX would be the simpler solution, but surely the most expensive.

Latest posts

Twitter