What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

what do you use for TIM?

Valkyrie

Yeah, Arctic MX-2 is the way to go. Recommended and used by HWC's #1 OC'er Dead_Things...(even for de-lidding)...edit..or was it MX-4 for de-lidding..anyway, hard to beat the price/performance, durability and ease of use.

Me, I doggedly stick to my Arctic Silver 5 because it works and I have some to use up. It's not so user friendly though.

Last edited:

Bond007

I tried some fancier options, but for simplicity of install and price I stick with the more popular ones now. My current tube is mx-4.

gingerbee

yup a 20-gram tube of mx-4 before that is was a 30-gram tube of mx-2 cause I also use it when mounting led. would try Thermal Grizzly just from the reviews but personally, I don't think a degree or 2 is worth the price they want for it. my2cents

rjbarker

I have (too many)...in my kit right now:

- Thermal Grizzly came with EK Blocks
- Gelid Extreme
- Noctua NT-H1
- Arctic Silver 5

Think one of the best was the IC Diamond we used to get here at HWC.......I ALWAYS put wayyy to much on btw......makes for quite a clean up afterwards......me n thermal paste and caulking....= roll of paper towel ;)

Cptn Vortex

I have (too many)...in my kit right now:

- Thermal Grizzly came with EK Blocks
- Gelid Extreme
- Noctua NT-H1
- Arctic Silver 5

Think one of the best was the IC Diamond we used to get here at HWC.......I ALWAYS put wayyy to much on btw......makes for quite a clean up afterwards......me n thermal paste and caulking....= roll of paper towel ;)

Agreed, the IC Diamond was great. I think I liked it the most because it was not as "greasy" as the others so cleaning was a little easier. Should have got many more tubes when they were available.

rjbarker

Agreed, the IC Diamond was great. I think I liked it the most because it was not as "greasy" as the others so cleaning was a little easier. Should have got many more tubes when they were available.

Been a long time but wasnt it white color ( IC Diamond) ?

Latest posts