What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

What game are you currently playing? (Screenshots if possible pls)

Actually I find civ 6 matching my play preference a lot more than civ 5. Still some quirks in civ 6 though, like if your cities are converted there is no way to recover. At all.

Arinoth

Staff member
Yup, lots of 'em. ALOT makes the game look pretty darn good.

ME2 had mods to bypass surveying/hacking, etc.
I honestly never knew it had mods to be honest, that's sort of cool, when I'll get back to the ME Trilogy...who knows though.

FreeKnight

I honestly never knew it had mods to be honest, that's sort of cool, when I'll get back to the ME Trilogy...who knows though.
It definitely makes it a bit more playable. Even simple mods like speeding up loading in ME2 were great (loading times were tied to the loading videos, so even if it was ready it didn't 'load' until the movie was done 🙄 ). Lots of mods to clean up textures, and some gameplay ones like prickly mentioned to remove hacking, surveyin etc.

Sadly I don't think there's any for ME1 that really fixed the mako's handling much, just changed the power of the jets, but even that speeds up planetary exploration quite a bit.

mrgrtt123

Currently playing The Surge 2, there's a huge improvement compared to the first one. Better weapons, combats and of course the variety.
Good thing my beagle is already asleep in his
dog playpen.

Attachments

Last edited:

ipaine

Wait, what mods are or were there for Mass Effect 3?
Yup, lots of 'em. ALOT makes the game look pretty darn good.

ME2 had mods to bypass surveying/hacking, etc.
Well good to hear my memory isn't broken on that one but that certainly makes me hope they fix the 3440x1440 support. It's a challenging enough resolution on its own. I don't need another 3-5% penalty!
You can also install the ME3 textures in to ME1/ME2. Although it was by far the hardest install setup of a mod I've done.
The best mod for all three right now I would say is ALOT. They have an installer and everything, works really well. I just recently did a new playthrough of all 3 and used ALOT on all of them. That said, you need to install all of your other mods first, so any of the gameplay, UI, fix mods all get installed first then you run ALOT and it deals with the textures. It's actually fairly simple and much better than it was before where you would have to load textures every time you started the game and it would take like 10-15 minutes each time.

Now with ALOT, it just takes a bunch of time when setting it up, after that it is like normal, just with better textures. As for other mods I could list more if I was at home, but I try to only use a few, just enough to ease things a bit, like planet scanning.

Latest posts

Twitter