What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

What game are you currently playing? (Screenshots if possible pls)

Soultribunal

Staff member
Heya Herne,

Absolutely I can give you a bit of a run down (been playing since early access launched with it).
Its a colony management / survival style game. You randomize the post-apolcolyptic world you start in and are give a select amount of survivors to rebuild with. So you have to manage resources, the health and well being of your colonists (food, shelter, water, tools, clothing). As well you are also hit randomly with events, disasters, that you have to prepare for.
My first game, I think I lost half my colonists in a weeks time lol.

There are also random events where you can take in survivors, and once you start recruiting the right people at the gate you can have people explore the world for resources etc.

As well the newest patch allows for outposts etc to be made and for trading between other surviving colonies. (I haven't had a chance to play the new content yet but I've seen the videos on it).

Its almost like a very Dark Settlers style game. If you enjoy colony management and post apocalyptic worlds, its a really fun game. They also made (if you h aven't heard of it) Surviving Mars which is another stellar game to play for sure.

If you want to know anything else let me know.

-ST

Shadowmeph

On Saturday I started and finished Hellblade Senuas Sacrifice I thought that it was a great game for what they had to make it I also did the play through using head phones when I first read the review about this game most people where talking about that it was about a woman that had a psychotic break because of her boy friend dying but I see know way of how they came to that conclusion it is a simple short ( 6-9 hours) game but constantly hearing the voices in your ears while she ( is a Celtic warrior) fighting her way through the Norse gods and goddesses to fin the godess Hel to get her boyfriends soul back made the game cool at least I thought so it is a pretty low budget game but again I thought that it was done very well the puzzles were not that hard for me but I have heard that allot of people had issues figuring them out

FreeKnight

Oh snap, I didn't realize Trails of Cold Steel III released on PC a few days ago. I can't think of the last time I paid full price for a game, but I don't care, I'm buying the damn thing. If you miss the SNES/PSX/PS2 era JRPGs this is the closest thing to scratching that itch while giving it a lot of modern updates. I loved the previous two and Falcom always has great soundtracks.

sswilson

Staff member
I've dusted off my controller and am going to take a crack at some of the games I shelved after a few hours because they were obvious console ports with crappy kbm support.

First up are the DA titles..... DA II currently installing, and DAI in the wings....

We'll see how that goes, and then maybe I might give Witcher3 another shot....

lowfat

Staff member
I've dusted off my controller and am going to take a crack at some of the games I shelved after a few hours because they were obvious console ports with crappy kbm support.

First up are the DA titles..... DA II currently installing, and DAI in the wings....

We'll see how that goes, and then maybe I might give Witcher3 another shot....
Lol. Well you are in for a surprise, DA:O and DA2 have absolutely zero controller support.

I honestly had zero issues w/ KB+M on any of the games. And over all 3 games I've put in probably 1400 hours. :eek:

sswilson

Staff member
Yeah, I just noticed that with DA II..... :)

The first little bit of combat leaves me to think that my spacebar will be dead long before the game is finished.... :)

I knew I'd played DA:O sans controller, but I guess didn't remember what it was about DAII I didn't like (other than the fact that it wasn't the same game as DAO which ate up 800 hrs of my life... :) ).

lowfat

Staff member
Yeah, I just noticed that with DA II..... :)

The first little bit of combat leaves me to think that my spacebar will be dead long before the game is finished.... :)

I knew I'd played DA:O sans controller, but I guess didn't remember what it was about DAII I didn't like (other than the fact that it wasn't the same game as DAO which ate up 800 hrs of my life... :) ).
I have the same 'issue' w/ 'RTwP' games. I'm hitting pause every single 'turn'. Might as well play a turn based game. :rolleyes:

sswilson

Staff member
Hrmmmm.... decided DA II wasn't going to grow on me so uninstalled it and was going to install DA I but the bloody Origin game servers are down and I can't get to my games list to install it (or any other origin game.....) :(

JD

Staff member
Just fired up DOOM Eternal, absolutely nuts. Definitely gave my eyes and monitor quite a workout!

FreeKnight

Hrmmmm.... decided DA II wasn't going to grow on me so uninstalled it and was going to install DA I but the bloody Origin game servers are down and I can't get to my games list to install it (or any other origin game.....) :(
I feel like DAII is best played by abusing the shit out of Cheat Engine or a trainer to burn through the story but spend little to no time on gameplay so you kind of get a idea of the plot for DAI