What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

What game are you currently playing? (Screenshots if possible pls)

sswilson

Staff member
Heh... so finally jumped back into Oblivion (deluxe no mods) and tried it first with a controller but quickly went back to the KB/M controls that I would have used when the game first came out....

I was a bit concerned that it might take me a while to get used to the controls again, but aside from needing to re-learn the hotkeys, muscle memory seems to have quickly asserted itself and while I've only got about an hour into the start of it, it feels like coming home.

I strongly suspect I'm going to enjoy playing this again.... :)

FreeKnight

Heh... so finally jumped back into Oblivion (deluxe no mods) and tried it first with a controller but quickly went back to the KB/M controls that I would have used when the game first came out....

I was a bit concerned that it might take me a while to get used to the controls again, but aside from needing to re-learn the hotkeys, muscle memory seems to have quickly asserted itself and while I've only got about an hour into the start of it, it feels like coming home.

Oblivion is a bit too dated for me now, I played a heavily modded version 4-5 years ago and still liked it, but jeesh the character design is so bad, like every had their face smashed in by a skillet.

I'd say I'm looking forward to the next Elder Scrolls game, but after Fallout 4 (which I didn't hate, but was a weaker entry), 'Paid Mods' and the endless debacles of Fallout 76 I'm not expecting anything good while Todd Howard is at the helm. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm not expecting to be.

Last edited:

Soultribunal

Staff member
Right now it's a mixture of Division 2 (which is an ironic game to be playing at this time in our lives) and PubG with my wife.

Might try and dive into Escape from Tarkov soon.

-ST

Shadowmeph

playing SWToR and Ark Genesis SP I might dg out Oblivion I used to also like Dragon age also

Lysrin

Just curious, why Oblivion and not Skyrim? I know Oblivion was a great game too, but I've sunk far to many enjoyable hours into Skyrim (and well... modding Skyrim tbh) and it is a newer offering than Oblivion.

I've started Mount and Blade II. As I said, never played the first one so can't compare. So far it is... interesting. I like it, but I don't love it yet.

sswilson

Staff member
Skyrim is also on my revisit list, but it's more recent and thus wouldn't feel as fresh. It'll be interesting to compare the two once I get there... I vaguely remember not enjoying Skyrim quite as much as I enjoyed Oblivion (I'm sure I've got well over 1000+ hours in Oblivion)....

Lysrin

Skyrim is also on my revisit list, but it's more recent and thus wouldn't feel as fresh. It'll be interesting to compare the two once I get there... I vaguely remember not enjoying Skyrim quite as much as I enjoyed Oblivion (I'm sure I've got well over 1000+ hours in Oblivion)....
Yeah that's fair. I've often heard that; although people like both they tend to like one or the other better. For me I certainly have more hours Skyrim than Oblivion so I am likely experiencing the same thought process as you, just for the opposite game!

Maybe I should start both again! :D

FreeKnight

playing SWToR and Ark Genesis SP I might dg out Oblivion I used to also like Dragon age also
Are you playing SWTOR mostly single player or doing the more MMO end of things. If it's half decent as a SP game, I'd be tempted to give it a quick playthrough, thogh I'm wary it will have a lot of MMO grind.

Just curious, why Oblivion and not Skyrim? I know Oblivion was a great game too, but I've sunk far to many enjoyable hours into Skyrim (and well... modding Skyrim tbh) and it is a newer offering than Oblivion.
I think the draw for some people in Oblivion vs Skyrim is Oblivion feels more like previous TES games. Making custom spells, equipment repair, etc. Skyrim eliminated or streamlined a lot of those. I'd rather have fewer spells that 'feel' or look different than Oblivion, though magic still always disappoints me in Skyrim. Archery / Stealth Archery always feels so OP in Skyrim.

Shadowmeph

I do the online solo I just am doing the story lines and a couple of the Flashes until I get get gear where I can switch out the mods

Entz

Dont forget things like Enderal: Forgotten Stories which is an insanely good commercial quality mod for Skyrim.