What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

What game are you currently playing? (Screenshots if possible pls)

FreeKnight

Well, finished Far Cry 4, and I'm giving it an 'ok, but not what I'd call good'. Just standard Ubisoft in so many ways. It's odd because there's potential for a lot of fun and side activities in it, especially when they're really just doing a rinse and repeat of the series every year or two, but all the collecting and locations to track down just don't seem worth it like they do in Witcher 3, Skyrim, or even GTA to a degree.

Think I'll skip FarCry 5 entirely. Need to either take a stab at a new modded Skyrim playthrough or maybe give Two Worlds a try (not that I'm expecting much).

FreeKnight

Finished 'Prey' (2018) last week and didn't think it was as good as I hoped it would be. You can tell it's an Arkane game by the visuals (very 'Dishonored' but with a mix of Bioshock in it), but it just wasn't as engaging as dishonored. Felt a little too much like a mish-mash of ideas they took from other games, but just didn't wow me. It's good, but not amazing.

Moving onto Dishonored 2 right now and enjoying it a lot more. Just feels a bit more polished and there's more depth to the story IMO.

FreeKnight

Got a beta key for Marvel's Avengers. It didn't look good from the trailers but.....
yikes. This game sucks. It looks like the 'Dadvengers' and plays like a sluggish boxing match between John Goodman and Kevin James.

This game's going to be a flop. I don't know how you can make playing the biggest superheroes in pop culture feel so lame.

Lysrin

Got a beta key for Marvel's Avengers. It didn't look good from the trailers but.....
yikes. This game sucks. It looks like the 'Dadvengers' and plays like a sluggish boxing match between John Goodman and Kevin James.

This game's going to be a flop. I don't know how you can make playing the biggest superheroes in pop culture feel so lame.
I thought this summed it up perfectly! lol 😝

Lysrin

Wow. I was gonna check it out. Kinda reminded me of Division 2 which I've enjoyed.

After that review/live stream...I'm gonna pass. :ROFLMAO:
Sometimes he's a little over the top, but he's often not wrong. That one made me laugh!

FreeKnight

I'd say it's not quite that simple, and apparently it gets better later in the game, but yeah, the intro level gameplay sucks. Gave it another chance this morning in a Hulk level, but it just doesn't feel like you're a rampaging brute that's potentially the strongest being in the universe, you could model-swap in a pro-wrestler to Hulk's gameplay and it wouldn't feel out of place. He's that underwhelming.

I'm also genuinely not interested in Ms. Marvel as a character. Feels like a 'design by comittee' Mr. Fantastic clone. Others might disagree, but when I want to play an 'Avenger' I don't want to hear someone shout 'Embiggen' as their catch phrase... That being said I'm not sure how much you have to play as her throughout the game or how much of it was marketing hype and internet blowback.

Gave it another chance this morning, but man, this game blows. Already uninstalled.

Last edited:

clshades

At least they got spiderman right on the PS4

Latest posts

Twitter