What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

What game are you currently playing? (Screenshots if possible pls)

Dwayne

Picked up Warhammer 40,000 Inquisitor - Martyr on the Steam Halloween sale last week. Reminds me of Diablo play style set in the Warhammer future universe, it was worth the $18 for the campaign so far. I haven't dipped into the Co-op or PvP yet.

I have both of them. I found the original a bit slower, which was fine by me. Prophecy added a new char to play, and if I recall, it made a few minor tweaks.

I really knew nothing about the WH40k lore, but I liked the feel and atmosphere of it. Almost makes me want to take up miniature wargaming again! My wife got a chuckle out of watching me paint a Napoleonic army up way back in the day.

Herne

Orcs and Wood Elves from Warhammer non-40K here :D
I used to play Bloodbowl, and part of the reason is that my enthusiasm for extreme detail lasted closer to 16 players, and a couple of coaching staff than it did for an army of ancients or medieval Poles. Cheaper too, a team could be based of a basic infantry set for less than $30 all in.

Izerous

Folding Team
I feel like i should cancel the humble bundle subscription but it lets me grab a few games I would have not normally given a chance (only do the cheap 3 pack).

In the past bundle I grabbed Iron Danger and it is something I would have very likely hit ignore on had it appears in my steam queue or something. But I'm actually kinda liking it. The story so far isn't bad, graphics are ok, the combat is actually kind of interesting. It isn't super simple i'm finding some fights more complex then torchlight 3 on ridiculous for example. However moving forward in the timeline and then being able to go backwards a couple motions... maybe you dodged too late, maybe you swung the hammer 1 beat too early and missed the charing monster etc.

Has a variety of moves and skills, get 1 free upgrade after each major level so you can progress with the skills you feel are more useful. Also something I feel like I can play with the kids awake and running around. Turning my head away from the monitor doesn't mean i'm going to be attacked and killed while not paying attention etc as when you enter combat it automatically enters timeline mode. If you run from point A to B and take damage from a trap it automatically enters timeline mode and you can rewind.

Its kinda like Forzas rewind capability, the time I spent on Gran Turismo 3 to be less than 10 races from game completion S class license was a serious blocker, a few of the tests I was off by fractions of a second, try to cut the corner or change my braking every so slightly and I'd hit the wall and fail etc. My now brother in-law overwrote my save file... GT4 was a lot fo fun I actually enjoyed b-spec for some reason, and 5 well was ok. But then bought an xbox while I was waiting on GT5 and I criticized the rewind feature but after playing for a while I was still using it her and there on the second last corner on the last lap when I pushed too hard and spun out etc. With iron danger without the timeline shifting it would be hard enough that you would likely be constantly re-loading without it.

Now had I picked it up at the regular price of $45 I think I'd be a lot more critical of it, as it is getting close to AAA pricing, and I don't think it has AAA potential (i'm not super far in the game yet) or AAA polish. But while on sale like it is right now it is at least worth some consideration.

Last edited:

sswilson

Staff member
I used to play Bloodbowl, and part of the reason is that my enthusiasm for extreme detail lasted closer to 16 players, and a couple of coaching staff than it did for an army of ancients or medieval Poles. Cheaper too, a team could be based of a basic infantry set for less than $30 all in.

It's been 30+ years, but IIRC, the year I played in a "league" I made the mistake of trying to throw together an undead team strongly dependent on easily healed/resurrected skeletons. That didn't go very well as they were as brittle as matchsticks to just about every other team in the league. :)

FreeKnight

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

Pretty solid Adventure-JRPG. It's one of a handful of open world JRPGs from the PS3 that didn't make a huge splash. White Knight Chronicles II would be the next closest comparison in a way (though they're very different games).

It's unpolished, but lovable. I'll probably blow through it fairly quickly and not try to get every achievement, but it's a neat entry from Capcom, and it's nice to see a Japanese dev make a game that doesn't fill itself completely with anime tropes.

Herne

It's been 30+ years, but IIRC, the year I played in a "league" I made the mistake of trying to throw together an undead team strongly dependent on easily healed/resurrected skeletons. That didn't go very well as they were as brittle as matchsticks to just about every other team in the league. :)
I loved playing original Undead- nobody in my leagues seemed to have noticed that they were actually a very fast squad. Often used 'Detroit Dead Things' with appropriate colours and tactics. Keep the soft ghouls at the back as defense, and use the wights as power forwards, and the vampire as an impossible to contain centre.

Shadowmeph

Have you played Inquisition before?

Morrigan is in it later on. Not as a playable character, but a semi-important role. Especially if you set it in Keep that she had the 'dark ritual' baby in DA:O with you/Alistar.

I loved Dragon Age Inquisiton. Absolutely loved the gameplay and the lore > any game. But damn it has some REALLY annoying bugs.
I played it a while ago Morrigan I think has moved on she does a little story bit. funny thing though when I looked in the map in Skyhold it shows her still there but when I go there she isnt. taking a short break from the game before the next major part something to do with what Sirus I think his name is the other mage Elf that left .
played ARK ..AGAIN beat the last boss on Genesis fluked out because I used TEK Rexes that II breed the crap out of from the space biodome . Then I found plus used a few velanosaurus to protect my butt ( Istill havent figured out how t o do the different tame whistles or group whistles yet ) when the huge chaos started the last half of the boss's life, out later that tek is the only thing that damages that boss also Ihave know idea how I survived I had maybe 20 health . first time I tried I used I think is called a magmasaurus died almost immediately from its spewing lava which I didnt know could hurt me if I wasn't riding it lol

GregH

Orcs and Wood Elves from Warhammer non-40K here :D
<3 WH2. They've really done a fantastic job with the Warhammer series in TW. Just wish they'd hurry up & release WH3 already!
I actually just started up a Grimgor campaign last night, since I realized I hadn't done a greenskins playthrough since the Grom DLC released.