What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

What game are you currently playing? (Screenshots if possible pls)

FreeKnight

Just loaded up MS Flight Sim 2020. Figured "ah maybe a nice relaxing flight is a good gaming option tonight."

Update required... 39.89 GiB ... :oops: I have a fast internet connection but wowy... I might not get my flight in tonight!

Note to self: load MSFS2020 much more frequently... just because...
That just reminded me to install it. I jumped back on gamepass with the holiday promo.

aaaaand 130GB to install fresh. Holy crap

FreeKnight

Two hours later and I'm only at about 45% downloaded I've got one step down from fiber IIRC so I'm wondering if MS's servers are just slow or overwhelemed.

Lysrin

Two hours later and I'm only at about 45% downloaded I've got one step down from fiber IIRC so I'm wondering if MS's servers are just slow or overwhelemed.
Yes it's huge and the servers are slow, maybe overwhelmed, I dunno. I have 1.5Gbit Fiber up and down and I get about 35-80Mbit/sec download from their servers. Average maybe 60. So that isn't impressive for that big a download or update.

DCS World updates tend to be slow direct from them too, but they are a relatively small dev. I kind of expect more from Microsoft. First world problem, yes, but still ;)

FreeKnight

Played about 20 mins this morning in a couple different planes. Using a Xbox one gamepad a lot of the planes feel twitchy. I've flow a few small planes (Cesna, Extra 300L, old float plane in YK) but don't really have enough recent experience to say how accurate it feels to any of them.

Chose to fly out of Charlottetown, Edmonton and Van. Surprisingly they've got a decent model of the little trailer park I lived in as a kid outside of Charlottetown. Wasn't expecting that. I knew big cities were done reasonably well, but podunk PEI is a surprise.

Lysrin

Played about 20 mins this morning in a couple different planes. Using a Xbox one gamepad a lot of the planes feel twitchy. I've flow a few small planes (Cesna, Extra 300L, old float plane in YK) but don't really have enough recent experience to say how accurate it feels to any of them.

Chose to fly out of Charlottetown, Edmonton and Van. Surprisingly they've got a decent model of the little trailer park I lived in as a kid outside of Charlottetown. Wasn't expecting that. I knew big cities were done reasonably well, but podunk PEI is a surprise.
I fly with my Warthog HOTAS and rudder pedals so things feel good there. I don't have much real life plane experience; some Cessna 172 and some full scale training sims, so I can't comment on how accurate the plane models are. But different planes do feel and fly differently.

It is amazing actually how much is modelled even in reasonable low fidelity but still impressive. I flew out of Trenton Airport, Trenton, NS that is, this morning for a few minutes when the patch completed, which is near where I grew up and was quite pleasantly surprised as you were. I want to fly more of the amazing landmark type places for sure but I also want to spend some more time based on that experience seeing if I can find little things I actually know about. They even had some of the new wind turbines in that part of NS. Crazy! They are graphically there, with 3D models not just imagery, but they don't kill you when you fly through them ;)

FreeKnight

Am I crazy or is there no DLC for this yet? I was hoping to fly some fighter jets in it, but I'm not seeing anything in steam or windows store at the moment.

Lysrin

Am I crazy or is there no DLC for this yet? I was hoping to fly some fighter jets in it, but I'm not seeing anything in steam or windows store at the moment.
There are lots of mods for it (Nexus mods site for example).
Also an F-15 is being worked on by a company called DC Designs (https://www.justflight.com/in-development/dc-designs-f15-c-e-i-eagle-microsoft-flight-simulator)
There's also an F/A-18 (https://www.msfsaddons.org/aircraft/aircraft-fa-18-for-microsoft-flight-simulator-2020)
... and I believe some other maybe out there.

Bear in mind the level of fidelity for these plane additions varies from what I've read. I haven't tried them. I go to DCS World for my fighter jet "work" ;)

Lysrin

The big question then:
Which of these games has an Avro Arrow in it? (Ignore alliteration)
None of them to my knowledge :) That'd be cool though. Too bad we DESTROYED ALL THE PLANES, MODELS, AND INFO ABOUT IT!!! *ahem* sorry... don't get me started...

Latest posts

Twitter