What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

What game are you currently playing? (Screenshots if possible pls)

FreeKnight

Finally gave Alan Wake a try after having it on my steam list since 2012 :S

I'm glad PC games have options like texture mods, reshade, enb, etc because it was really showing it's age on first startup. Using reshade now and it's much better looking.

As for a game, it's... ok. I don't usually love survival-horror gameplay and this has that clunkly gameplay that's been a staple since the first Resident Evil. Story is decent and I like the narration aspect, but it's another one I'm going to 'cheat engine' my way through so I can hopefully finish it in 5-6 hours and move on.

FreeKnight

Finally gave Alan Wake a try after having it on my steam list since 2012 :S

I'm glad PC games have options like texture mods, reshade, enb, etc because it was really showing it's age on first startup. Using reshade now and it's much better looking.

As for a game, it's... ok. I don't usually love survival-horror gameplay and this has that clunkly gameplay that's been a staple since the first Resident Evil. Story is decent and I like the narration aspect, but it's another one I'm going to 'cheat engine' my way through so I can hopefully finish it in 5-6 hours and move on.
Well just finished it and I'm sticking with 'It's ok', maybe a B, B- if I had to give it a grade. Narrative was good but it just wasn't fun to play.

Edit: Meant to make one complaint about the game. Alan Wake could be retitled 'Product Placement : The game' I've never seen it so blatant in a title before. Verizon, Energizer and Lincoln had very obvious (and sometimes blatant) PPs in the game. It doesn't really affect the game, so it's a minor complaint, but it's a little tacky.

Last edited:

FreeKnight

Moved onto 'Metal Gear Solid: Revengeance' another attempt to clear some older games from my backlog. It's easy to tell it's a Platinum game, feels similar to some of the other early games (Vanquish for example). Fun to play for an action hack 'n slash but we'll see how it shapes up story wise.

Really just waiting for ME Legendary Edition and the fan-translation of 'Legend of Heroes: Trails to Azure' later this month.

Latest posts

Twitter