What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

What game are you currently playing? (Screenshots if possible pls)

Shadowmeph

No no. Just applying them. I know there are people who have had more than this but I had 280+ applied at one point. It got a bit out of hand lol
oh ok yes I have had some small issues with Mods but once I started using I dont remember the program it sorts the mods out into the proper order I have had no issues since with the game and mods . now the only issue i have is figuring out which mods to use hehe

Lysrin

oh ok yes I have had some small issues with Mods but once I started using I dont remember the program it sorts the mods out into the proper order I have had no issues since with the game and mods . now the only issue i have is figuring out which mods to use hehe
Yeah the organizing programs helped a lot! Nexus ModManager used to be good, but there is a newer one now but the name escapes me too.

FreeKnight

Yeah the organizing programs helped a lot! Nexus ModManager used to be good, but there is a newer one now but the name escapes me too.
Vortex is the current Nexus program, but individual games often have better mod managers on their own. MO2 for Skyrim for example. Witcher 2 used to have a separate mod manager that was better, but I'm not too sure what the current state of things is.

Lysrin

Vortex is the current Nexus program, but individual games often have better mod managers on their own. MO2 for Skyrim for example. Witcher 2 used to have a separate mod manager that was better, but I'm not too sure what the current state of things is.
Thanks for that! Remembered it started with a V but couldn't get the name. I haven't used MO2 before. Now I have to reinstall Skyrim and start again! Oh lord...

As for things I am playing, still make my way through Cyberpunk 2077 and I am still liking it. But I also picked up an early access game called Going Medieval. I am really liking the systems in it. I heard it is kind of like Rimworld? Although I have never played the latter. Has a really interesting settler management system imo. Bit pricey for an early access game, but it is already a good game I think.

lowfat

Staff member
sjGzwtF.jpg

Guess I'll need to turn the detail down a tad yet. Can't get a consistent 120FPS. :(

'Dark' difficultly is pretty damn tough I must say.

Shadowmeph

sjGzwtF.jpg

Guess I'll need to turn the detail down a tad yet. Can't get a consistent 120FPS. :(

which game is that? for myself I game using my LED 55' older rca tv sop I think it is only 60Hz its good enough for me of course this also is going by my understanding which may be wrong about Hz on monitors and fps in games

lowfat

Staff member
which game is that? for myself I game using my LED 55' older rca tv sop I think it is only 60Hz its good enough for me of course this also is going by my understanding which may be wrong about Hz on monitors and fps in games
Witcher 2. Don't look too bad considering it is 10 years old.

Shadowmeph

that's the one I am using its a cool program because it will automatically use a different program ( again forgot the name of it) that if I remember correctly also checks for incompatibility's

FreeKnight

sjGzwtF.jpg

I've learned to live with 60fps. I play almost everything via Moonlight/Gamestream on my OLED TVs (which are old enough to only be 4K/60) and realized I prefer the eye candy. On a game like W2/3 or ME for example I'm happier with the prettier content than the extra smoothness. It's definitely a to each their own though.

Below 60 and I'll drop the visuals a bit. I don't notice the shift from 60-75 fps as much as the 60-45 fps seems glaring to me.
Its visuals have definitely held up. The styling helps a bit, but for a game that wasn't that brutal on specs and ran decently on console at release it's done very well. Certainly doesn't have the 'will it run Witcher 2' jokes like Crysis did.

lowfat

Staff member
I've learned to live with 60fps. I play almost everything via Moonlight/Gamestream on my OLED TVs (which are old enough to only be 4K/60) and realized I prefer the eye candy. On a game like W2/3 or ME for example I'm happier with the prettier content than the extra smoothness. It's definitely a to each their own though.

Below 60 and I'll drop the visuals a bit. I don't notice the shift from 60-75 fps as much as the 60-45 fps seems glaring to me.
Its visuals have definitely held up. The styling helps a bit, but for a game that wasn't that brutal on specs and ran decently on console at release it's done very well. Certainly doesn't have the 'will it run Witcher 2' jokes like Crysis did.
To me motion clarity is the absolute most important thing. OLED, 120Hz, and blur reduction mode on high. 3070 ain't cutting it for most games unfortunately. Haven't been able to buy a better card.

Could always turn on ubersampling if you want to cripple performance. I'd be well under 50FPS with it on.

Better pic. Think the game looks great considering its age.

witcher2_2021_09_21_17_14_19_953.jpg

EDIT: Having so much fun w/ TW2. It is just a massive improvement on TW1 in pretty much every way.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Twitter