What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

What game are you currently playing? (Screenshots if possible pls)

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
It's a typical Dice release, buggy AF. I haven't played it with the Day 1 patch yet, will report back after I do that. I've got EA Play Pro otherwise I wouldn't have bothered with a preorder / early release.

GeezerGamer

Far Cry 6, what a game! 74 hours, 100 percent done the main story and most quests but there's still more to do.
One of the best games I've ever had the joy to play! Ubisoft did an amazing job on everything.
Now my attention will shift more fully to BF 2042......GET SOME

Attachments

• screenshot0008.jpg
    screenshot0008.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 10
  • screenshot0007.jpg
    screenshot0007.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 10

ipaine

Far Cry 6, what a game! 74 hours, 100 percent done the main story and most quests but there's still more to do.
One of the best games I've ever had the joy to play! Ubisoft did an amazing job on everything.
Now my attention will shift more fully to BF 2042......GET SOME
I have been wanting to play FC6 as well, but man the cost when things are not on sale.

What I have started is Mr. Prepper. https://store.steampowered.com/app/761830/Mr_Prepper/

Just barely started so not sure how it is yet, but interesting at least so far.

JD

Staff member
I have been wanting to play FC6 as well, but man the cost when things are not on sale.
If you think you can finish within a month, enable the Ubisoft+ subscription and play through, that's what I did. Then it's only $20+HST.

sswilson

Staff member
ScreenShot5_2K.png ScreenShot6_4K.png

The first one is skyrim @ native 2K, the second is AMD's upscale to 4K. Aside from some slight lighting differences due to the shots not being "taken" at exactly the same time I'm not seeing any difference.

I've got the 4K anniversary version 4K textures mod installed, but I'm not seeing anything making it worth my while to muck about with the resolution....

GeezerGamer

View attachment 33037 View attachment 33038

The first one is skyrim @ native 2K, the second is AMD's upscale to 4K. Aside from some slight lighting differences due to the shots not being "taken" at exactly the same time I'm not seeing any difference.

I've got the 4K anniversary version 4K textures mod installed, but I'm not seeing anything making it worth my while to muck about with the resolution....
Yeah any differences I see are trivial!
What about frame rates?

GeezerGamer

I'm getting some flying in with Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020. It's a relaxing way to waste some
time. However, I'll be needed a lot of time to get proper flight savvy!
A few steam captures that don't do the in game graphics any justice. You'll recognize the one location, one is over Japan somewhere and lastly a fly by of the observatories atop Mauna Kea.
Incredible fact there are over two trillion trees mapped in this simulator!
20211202131610_1.jpg20211201220404_1.jpg20211202122618_1.jpg

sswilson

Staff member
Yeah any differences I see are trivial!
What about frame rates?

Frame rates are not a concern with Skyrim as it's capped @ 60, and the mods for uncapping it don't appear to be working with the Anniversary edition yet. Even if the mod were working, I'm still dealing with a 75hz monitor on that rig so I'm sure the 6800 XT would have more than enough grunt to drive it @ 4K.

One thing I did find was that the AMD upscaling to 4K didn't play very nice with the sharpness of text on the desktop. (It also took me a while to figure out what was going on with getting Skyrim to play nice on the monitor @ 4K.... because it's run in a window, desktop scaling was being applied to the game screen when launched... :) ).

I'll also say that there's quite a bit of "new" content included with the anniversary upgrade. I know it's all previously available Creation Club content, but I believe most folks who played heavily modded probably avoided that DLC as it played havoc with a lot of existing mods.

Latest posts