What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

What game are you currently playing? (Screenshots if possible pls)

FreeKnight

Finally figured it out!

It seems in the latest update of EVGA precision X my power limit was set to 30% somehow. I noticed in Task manager my GPU was at 100% which seemed wrong. I didn't notice it in AC Brotherhood or revelations as they're old and not difficult to run. I know I definitely didn't manually set EVGA's power to 30% that's one heck of an undervolt.

Restored defaults and the slider moved back to 100%. Guess the lesson learned was to check that before messing with game settings. So weird.

Lysrin

Finally figured it out!

It seems in the latest update of EVGA precision X my power limit was set to 30% somehow. I noticed in Task manager my GPU was at 100% which seemed wrong. I didn't notice it in AC Brotherhood or revelations as they're old and not difficult to run. I know I definitely didn't manually set EVGA's power to 30% that's one heck of an undervolt.

Restored defaults and the slider moved back to 100%. Guess the lesson learned was to check that before messing with game settings. So weird.
Good find!

FreeKnight

Good find!
The funny part is that before I moved to the AC series I was playing Mechwarrior 5 at 4K full settings. It obviously must have been running at normal power then. So sometime between leaving MW5 and getting to AC III, my best guess is the settings changed in an update.

I definitely didn't go in and set the power slider to 30%. I've opened Precision X maybe once in the time since MW5, so it's possible I had a stray mouse click or keystroke, but I would have also had to 'apply' the changes so it seems unlikely.

Fixed now either way. Hopefully I can find a good HDR monitor or a deal on a C2 for Black Friday and I'll possibly go back to CP2077

Shadowmeph

I have been breeding gigas over the past real-time couple of weeks 5hr days ark survivor evolved, not really playing the game mostly having it running in the background checking every once in a while and killing off the none mutated Gigas for a couple of different maps boss fights . extremely time-consuming.

LaughingCrow

No Halloween patch for Baldur's Gate 3.
But I came across an old game that's been revamped, graphics (2020) by THQ Nordic - Kingdoms of Amalur: ReReckoning. It's on sale for PlayStation 4 for $16.04 Canadian until November 19 vs GOGs PC version for 39.99 for the same version. They both have a Fate edition for the same higher price 55.00. There's a DLC on Playstation also on sale for about 10.00. IIRC this was originally published by EA back in 2011 or 12
So far, so good - graphics don't look bad; probably worth the sale price. $40.00 for a 10 year old game seems a bit steep.

Attachments

• KingdomsAmalur1.jpg
    KingdomsAmalur1.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 5
  • KingdomsAmalur2.jpg
    KingdomsAmalur2.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 5
  • KingdomsAmalur3.jpg
    KingdomsAmalur3.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 5

FreeKnight

KoA:R was a decent, if forgettable game. Kind of ends on a pseudo-cliffhanger but a second game is never coming.

It was billed as an Elder Scrolls with a better narrative written by RA Salvatore and a combat system that felt fast paced. It delivered on the combat, but fell a bit short everywhere else.

I enjoyed my time with it, but would say it's worth $20 with DLC at most at this point.

Soultribunal

Staff member
Totally missed the release (busy life) of Starship Troopers.
So I grabbed it on Steam and will be playing tonight.

Loved the Original Movie, and the game looks brainless and fun so, should be worth the $30 or so.

-ST

LaughingCrow

KoA:R was a decent, if forgettable game. Kind of ends on a pseudo-cliffhanger but a second game is never coming.

I enjoyed my time with it, but would say it's worth $20 with DLC at most at this point.
Not too far into the game - entering the village after the Well of Souls. and I'm coming across a few things I don't recall from playing it long ago. I was able to remember things like the mine near the beginning, etc. From what I've seen, at least on the PlayStation 4 the graphics don't appear to have changed from what I recall playing years ago. Possibly better on the PC where there'd be more visual options. There are some new things I encountered already. New quests, new weapons, armour, accessories, etc. (It's in a Special Delivery chest in the village).

Plus I've got a couple of quests that showed up that I don't recall - The Alfar Merchant Navy, so there's enough there to be of interest while I wait for BG3.

Looking up what some of the changes have been made to the Re-Reckoning version. Not sure if the 'new storyline' refers to the new DLC Fate (not included in the version I bought) or if it's included the original story. Here's a few of the things I found:

What is new with Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning?
The expansion adds a considerable amount of content, including a new storyline, new areas, quests and missions, and procedurally generated Chaos Realm dungeons across the map. There's also a new gameplay mechanic involving "chaos" that's connected to weapons, enemies, rifts and portals.

Will Re-Reckoning contain all DLCs from the original game?
Yes, it includes all DLCs of the original game, including Weapons and Armor packs.
Will there be more balance to the game in terms of difficulty?
We've added a new difficulty called Very Hard,
Any changes to controllers?
Yes, you can bind 8 abilities now instead of 4, a massive game changer for people using controllers.
Loot generation was changed
In Re-Reckoning loot generation rules are altered so that you will more often get items that fit your characters skillset. Loot is mostly randomly generated but we increased the weights of loot that matches the players skill lineup better and we have a virtual counter that increases the chance of better loot drops when you didn‘t find anything good.

Will we have some of the old armor such as Mass Effect still available?
The Special Delivery crate will have 63 pieces of items including some old fan favorites that we know you guys have been asking for.

Attachments

• KingdomsAmalur4.jpg
    KingdomsAmalur4.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 3
  • KingdomsAmalur5.jpg
    KingdomsAmalur5.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 3
  • KingdomsAmalur6.jpg
    KingdomsAmalur6.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 2
  • KingdomsAmalur7.jpg
    KingdomsAmalur7.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 3

FreeKnight

Finished ACIII a week or two ago, it was... fine. Very forgettable to be honest.

Have moved to ACIV Black Flag. I enjoyed the ship combat a lot at first but it very much suffers from 'Ubisoft' syndrome: Big world with too many collectibles and just not enough 'in' the world that's interesting. Plot seems meh so far.
Ship combat does get a little old when you've been farming for wood and iron and just get kind of tired of boarding a frigate for the hundredth time.

It's not bad, and an improvement over III, but might take an AC break after this one. I have Odyssey and Unity left from my 'already owned' games. I'll definitely play odyssey at some point but might skip over Unity.

Probably finish off some long-unplayed JRPGs or move to Hitman 3 next.

Latest posts