What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

What game are you currently playing? (Screenshots if possible pls)

FreeKnight

Finished ACIII a week or two ago, it was... fine. Very forgettable to be honest.

Have moved to ACIV Black Flag. I enjoyed the ship combat a lot at first but it very much suffers from 'Ubisoft' syndrome: Big world with too many collectibles and just not enough 'in' the world that's interesting. Plot seems meh so far.
Ship combat does get a little old when you've been farming for wood and iron and just get kind of tired of boarding a frigate for the hundredth time.

It's not bad, and an improvement over III, but might take an AC break after this one. I have Odyssey and Unity left from my 'already owned' games. I'll definitely play odyssey at some point but might skip over Unity.

Probably finish off some long-unplayed JRPGs or move to Hitman 3 next.

lowfat

Staff member
Finished ACIII a week or two ago, it was... fine. Very forgettable to be honest.

Have moved to ACIV Black Flag. I enjoyed the ship combat a lot at first but it very much suffers from 'Ubisoft' syndrome: Big world with too many collectibles and just not enough 'in' the world that's interesting. Plot seems meh so far.
Ship combat does get a little old when you've been farming for wood and iron and just get kind of tired of boarding a frigate for the hundredth time.

It's not bad, and an improvement over III, but might take an AC break after this one. I have Odyssey and Unity left from my 'already owned' games. I'll definitely play odyssey at some point but might skip over Unity.

Probably finish off some long-unplayed JRPGs or move to Hitman 3 next.
I tried to play Black Flag about a year ago and it performed just absysmal and couldn't ever figure out why. Like 5FPS.

Bond007

I just finished the COD MWII campaign. It isn't anything amazing, but I personally prefered it (and the multiplayer) more than Vanguard. A couple parts were needlessly frustrating, but overall not too bad if you are into the franchise at all.

anabioz

I just finished the COD MWII campaign. It isn't anything amazing, but I personally prefered it (and the multiplayer) more than Vanguard. A couple parts were needlessly frustrating, but overall not too bad if you are into the franchise at all.

I still believe the best FPS was "Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare". And the PROMOD competitive scene was a lot of fun.

Last edited:

lowfat

Staff member
Still playing FO New Vegas. Enjoying it quite a bit. Graphics are still sufficient considering it is 12 years old. UI is pretty much exactly the same as FO4 so no issue there either. Although I do miss the settlements. The Settlement mod that FO4 'copied' is just trash IMO. May go on to play FO3 after this. I have Tale of Two Wastelands installed, so should be able to use same character AFAIK.
FalloutNV_2022_11_12_17_33_56_477.jpg

FreeKnight

Finished AC IV : Black Flag today and it definitely falls off in plot and characters as it goes on. It did do a pretty good job of having a number of historical pirates and their deaths are timed or placed near their real life deaths.

Overall it was good for an Assassin's Creed.... but still very much an Assassin's Creed, which means it was pretty average to me.

Not sure what I'll move onto next yet.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Finished AC IV : Black Flag today and it definitely falls off in plot and characters as it goes on. It did do a pretty good job of having a number of historical pirates and their deaths are timed or placed near their real life deaths.

Overall it was good for an Assassin's Creed.... but still very much an Assassin's Creed, which means it was pretty average to me.

Not sure what I'll move onto next yet.
Witcher 3 Next Gen Update in <1 month!!!

Soultribunal

Staff member
I told myself I would not play another COD sometime ago, as I wasn't a big fan of certain game designs and decisions.

Fast forward to today. My friend in Germany was talking about the F2P elements in MW2, and I trust his judgement so I figured what the heck. I won't pay for it, but I'll at least see if the F2P is enjoyable.

I must say, as a critic, the DMZ is definitely scratching an itch that a lot of games came close to but never really did perfectly.
Its a mix of so many PvEvP type games (Division, Tarkov, PubG to an extent) and I am absolutely loving it.
The AI can be brutal, more deaths to them than to players for sure.

We'll see how it plays out since its fairly new, but so far its a +1 in my books.

-ST

lowfat

Staff member
After New Vegas I went to FO4. I have an ungodly number of hours in to this already. But haven't touched it in 5 years. And hot damn 5 years in terms of PC hardware and mods has made this amazing. When it came out I ran a GTX980, but I did play it w/ a 1080. With the 5800X + 3080 I've never seen it below 150FPS w/ everything maxed. With the 1080 I know there were regions where I was CPU bottlenecked so bad I could barely maintain 60. I guess we shall see how it is when I reach Boston.

Also how much this is an improvement in terms of QoL, gameplay, and visuals is so substantial considering it is only 5 years between the 2.

Tried Survival difficulty. But the fact that you can't save is ridiculous. I've lost like an hour twice due to it crashing to desktop. So I added a mod so I could save again. :eek:

Fallout4_2022_11_28_19_01_20_891.jpg

Latest posts