What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

What game are you currently playing? (Screenshots if possible pls)

sswilson

Staff member
Well... I got 10'ish hours into DAI before I threw in the towel so (unlike DA II) there was at least some saving graces to it. I suspect I gave up on it mostly because it was buggy, and very much console/controller centric.

As far as plot goes.... I HATE serial content!!!! :)

FreeKnight

Well... I got 10'ish hours into DAI before I threw in the towel so (unlike DA II) there was at least some saving graces to it. I suspect I gave up on it mostly because it was buggy, and very much console/controller centric.

As far as plot goes.... I HATE serial content!!!! :)
Did you ever play KOTOR II? With the restored content mods and bug fixes it might be up your alley if you want an epic story and characters and DA didn't scratch the itch

lowfat

Staff member
Did you ever play KOTOR II? With the restored content mods and bug fixes it might be up your alley if you want an epic story and characters and DA didn't scratch the itch
IMO it plays pretty similar to DA2 or DAI though. Pretty much all Bioware games do. DA:O was imo the odd ball as the tactical cam was a lot more freeing plus you had a ridiculous amount of abilities to use.

Never found the controls to be bad any any of the games. Haven't played any of them w/ a controller. Don't get a console port vibe from them at all.

As for bugs on DA:I, there are only 2 really bad ones. The one where a companion will totally freeze up in combat until you switch to the person and jump. The other is if you are playing w/ an artificer at high level, it is possible to completely break the engine and fall through textures when you do to much damage at once. The companion freeze one eventually got so damn annoying I'll probably never play the game again.

sswilson

Staff member

No, not really my thing. Same goes for ME or any of their ilk.

I'm an Oblivion/Skyrim "spend hours/days hunting for Mats to improve my skills/potions/smithing" kinda guy. I get my enjoyment out of the character development as opposed to the storyline.

FreeKnight

No, not really my thing. Same goes for ME or any of their ilk.

I'm an Oblivion/Skyrim "spend hours/days hunting for Mats to improve my skills/potions/smithing" kinda guy. I get my enjoyment out of the character development as opposed to the storyline.
Fair enough, if that's the case, much like Lowfat pointed out all the bioware games are going to be more or less the same then. Can't think of any suggestions to match TES though. Maybe Greedfall or Kingdom Come? I haven't looked into either too much, but they could be an option. If not there's that RPG 'Outward' that came out a little while ago. PC Gamer's given it some positive press, but I haven't looked into it too much, supposed to be less a plot game then a open RPG IIRC

sswilson

Staff member
I actually enjoyed the time I spent playing Grim Dawn, and would probably jump all over a new offering on that gaming engine, but don't want to spend cash on the "expansion" as it looks like it only tacks a little bit on the end of the game.

I did pick up the earlier "Titan Quest" on the same game engine but never got around to playing it... I should get that up and running.

I also keep threatening to load up oblivion, but super convinced me that I should wait until Skyblivion comes out. Lord knows how long that's going to take though, so I should just take a fit and load it up for S&Gs.

Lysrin

I've played Outward and like it. It is very different and I find it challenging. More open as @FreeKnight said. I also have Kingdom Come on my PC and play it from time to time. Still not terribly far in that one though.

sswilson

Staff member
Hrmmmm.... I know I've got an oblivion disk kicking around somewhere, but I could have sworn that I had the license transferred over to steam........

Ah well.... the full deluxe version is only $14 on GOG.....

Lysrin

I've actually looped back to Red Dead Redemption 2 (I'm addicted to catching wild horses and hunting atm) and The Outer Worlds.

And this morning I bought Mount and Blade II: Bannerlord... cause, you know, GMG had a discount on it + Rakuten discount! I never even played the first one! Sad I know... but I blame self-isolation... 🤪

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
Currently Borderlands 3, Battlefield V, and Nascar Heat 4. With some Half Life: Alyx in the mix when I can get my kids off the desktop.

Latest posts