What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

What game are you currently playing? (Screenshots if possible pls)

lowfat

Staff member
Tried playing Shadow of the Tomb Raider. But 20ish hours in. But not going to finish. Game is getting really tedious.

great_big_abyss

Well, I finished RDR2. Loved it. It's my favorite game so far.

What should I play next? Should I play the original RDR? I've also heard really good things about The Witcher 3. Any other suggestions?

FreeKnight

Well, I finished RDR2. Loved it. It's my favorite game so far.

What should I play next? Should I play the original RDR? I've also heard really good things about The Witcher 3. Any other suggestions?
If you haven't played Witcher 3, it's a no brainer. Thing's a damn masterpiece, up there with Mass Effect 2, Super Mario 64, Skyrim, Chrono Trigger, etc. It's still talked about and it's been years since it's release.

Skip the witcher 1, witcher 2 is maybe worth a playthrough depending on how much you want to pick up on character backstories in W3. W3 is certainly playable as your first entry in the series, you just might miss out on a few Easter eggs from importing your W2 save.

Lysrin

If you haven't played Witcher 3, it's a no brainer. Thing's a damn masterpiece, up there with Mass Effect 2, Super Mario 64, Skyrim, Chrono Trigger, etc. It's still talked about and it's been years since it's release.

Skip the witcher 1, witcher 2 is maybe worth a playthrough depending on how much you want to pick up on character backstories in W3. W3 is certainly playable as your first entry in the series, you just might miss out on a few Easter eggs from importing your W2 save.
Agree with @FreeKnight. I only played a little bit of W2, none of W1, and had no issues getting into W3.

I might back off of "masterpiece" a little but it is an excellent game with a great story imo.

great_big_abyss

What kind of games do you like?

-ST
Well, while I HAVE played RPG's like Skyrim, I often tire of them. I don't think I even got to the halfway point in Skyrim. I thought Fallout 2 was great way back in the day. I haven't played any of the recent Fallout games though. I was really big into Battlefield 3 for a while. For the last couple of years I've been playing World of Warships almost exclusively, but stopped playing shortly before christmas in order to devote time to RDR2.

I guess with RDR2 I fell in love with the 'story' aspect of playing such a game.

I'll definitely take a look at 'The Witcher', as I have heard it's excellent. Same goes for Mass Effect.

FreeKnight

Well, while I HAVE played RPG's like Skyrim, I often tire of them. I don't think I even got to the halfway point in Skyrim. I thought Fallout 2 was great way back in the day. I haven't played any of the recent Fallout games though. I was really big into Battlefield 3 for a while. For the last couple of years I've been playing World of Warships almost exclusively, but stopped playing shortly before christmas in order to devote time to RDR2.

I guess with RDR2 I fell in love with the 'story' aspect of playing such a game.

I'll definitely take a look at 'The Witcher', as I have heard it's excellent. Same goes for Mass Effect.
I played the hell out of Fallout and Fallout 2 on CD-ROM. Fallout 3 was decent, and did a good job of bringing the series to future. F4 was a pretty weak entry.

At this point the only one worth jumping into is Fallout New Vegas with some unofficial patches and fixes from Nexus. If you like it them maybe F4 is worth a try, but New Vegas has actual character whereas 4 just kind of falls flat more often than not.

Mass Effect is getting a remaster in March (?) so it may be worth waiting for the new versions. Otherwise FarCry 4 is a decent open world FPS. It's more contained and limited than say Skyrim, so you may not get bored as fast. It's very much an ubisoft game (climb the tower, move to another area, climb the tower again, etc). But it's decent.

Lysrin

I played Assassin's Creed II, and actually enjoyed it very much. Again, that one was very much story based.
The newest Assassin's Creed that I have is Odyssey and there is definitely fun to be had there. I find it a little repetitive in places, but good. I also hear good things about Valhalla but I haven't played that one so can't speak from experience. It is on my list though as I think I'd enjoy the setting better than Odyssey.

I am enjoying Horizon Zero Dawn (did I already mentioned that one?). It is kind of open-world although it does funnel you some, but I am finding the story decent so far.

Soultribunal

Staff member

Mass Effect has the Legendary Edition which is due out this year, so I would wait for that. If you love story lines and falling in love with Characters, then it is for sure a good choice.

For my Hack and Slash sorta needs, State of Decay 2 is fun and rewarding, and with the new insane difficulty quite stressful at times.
Again, you have to love Zombies for that, and survival games. STill fun and very replay worthy.

Witcher is good, not my particular game but my wife loves it, and I've heard nothing but good things about it so its probably worth a try.

I have been having fun in the latest version of No Mans Sky too (its so much better than original release) but it takes a lot of getting used to and paitence for that one.

-ST

Latest posts