What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

What game are you currently playing? (Screenshots if possible pls)

djbrad

Old jrpgs is a good idea while waiting the 2080 ti from rma.

What console / era / rpg did you like most? We may have some suggestions for you.

Herne

Hi, uhm my name is Herne and uh I play Valheim.

Hi Herne.

It all started a couple of weeks ago I guess. Ran into an old friend online, he said he's seen this Norse game with building and stuff. So harmless right?....

FreeKnight

No idea if you're into WoW but that game is mostly CPU bound. There's always the classics like HL and CS 1.6 too.
Not a fan of blizzard games in general and MMOs aren't my cup of tea. HL is a good idea and I never did finish HL2 (*gasp*). It's probably a good chance to peruse my steam 'list of shame' and find some vintage titles I've never burned through.
Old jrpgs is a good idea while waiting the 2080 ti from rma.

What console / era / rpg did you like most? We may have some suggestions for you.
I've been playing RPGs since Final Fantasy II for the SNES. There's only about 3 Squaresoft or Enix games left I haven't finished (Bahamut Lagoon, Treasure Hunter G, and Treasure of the Rudras). On PSX the only ones I haven't played that I can immediately think of are a couple Working designs titles (Vanguard Bandits, stuff like that) and Threads of Fate.

SNES through to FFX is kind of my 'golden era for JRPGs. I didn't love FF7-9 as much as others, but IV,VI and X are gems to me. Likewise Enix's offerings pre merger are spectacular. Terranigma, Valkyrie Profile, etc.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Not a fan of blizzard games in general and MMOs aren't my cup of tea. HL is a good idea and I never did finish HL2 (*gasp*). It's probably a good chance to peruse my steam 'list of shame' and find some vintage titles I've never burned through.

I've been playing RPGs since Final Fantasy II for the SNES. There's only about 3 Squaresoft or Enix games left I haven't finished (Bahamut Lagoon, Treasure Hunter G, and Treasure of the Rudras). On PSX the only ones I haven't played that I can immediately think of are a couple Working designs titles (Vanguard Bandits, stuff like that) and Threads of Fate.

SNES through to FFX is kind of my 'golden era for JRPGs. I didn't love FF7-9 as much as others, but IV,VI and X are gems to me. Likewise Enix's offerings pre merger are spectacular. Terranigma, Valkyrie Profile, etc.
Nier Automata.

FreeKnight

Nier Automata.
Have it on PS4 and PC and played it on PS4 (can't play it on PC atm because of the RMA). It's great although I still prefer the original Nier more, clunky gameplay and all.

Anything Yoko Taro has produced/written has been a wild ride, though Cavia (the company most of his earlier games were under) doesn't make the best gameplay.

If you've never played the original Drakengard;
It's fucking crazy. Starts off as a very typical A-JRPG and eventually giant infant babies called either the watchers or grotesqueries appear from the heavens start appearing and eating the party.

Clip of their arrival;

Lysrin

Hi, uhm my name is Herne and uh I play Valheim.

Hi Herne.

It all started a couple of weeks ago I guess. Ran into an old friend online, he said he's seen this Norse game with building and stuff. So harmless right?....
I picked that up too. Installed it, started it, set it aside because... well, what you said lol

djbrad

It's hard to recommend a game when you have played them all (a lot) like you did.

On the indie side, did you already play "Doom & Destiny"? It's a parody rpg, fun and low requirement.

Also, I discovered the "Ys" series a few years ago, action/rpg, kind like legend of zelda. The remakes are good, so it could be worth a try.

FreeKnight

It's hard to recommend a game when you have played them all (a lot) like you did.

On the indie side, did you already play "Doom & Destiny"? It's a parody rpg, fun and low requirement.

Also, I discovered the "Ys" series a few years ago, action/rpg, kind like legend of zelda. The remakes are good, so it could be worth a try.
Never heard of Doom & Destiny, I'll look it up.

I started playing Ys games with 'Wanderers from YS' on the SNES. I love them, plot-wise they're never amazing, but gameplay and music is always a blast. I've played almost the whole series, even a few of the Japanese only releases with fan-translations, but haven't played Lacrimosa of Danae or Monstrum Nox yet.

If you liked them and like JRPGs definitely give the Trails series a try if you haven't. Trails in the Sky is good, if a little aged, and Trails of Cold Steel is the newest series and a blast to play.

djbrad

I was looking at the Trails series not long ago, good advice. As I finished Grandia II recently, I must select my next rgp.

I have Final Fantasy Type 0 and Ni no Kuni Wrath of The White Witch that I wanted to play.

Is the Wild Arms series good too? Never played one of them

FreeKnight

I was looking at the Trails series not long ago, good advice. As I finished Grandia II recently, I must select my next rgp.

I have Final Fantasy Type 0 and Ni no Kuni Wrath of The White Witch that I wanted to play.

Is the Wild Arms series good too? Never played one of them
Both of those are on my list, but haven't gotten to either (thought I have them both on Steam).

I haven't played any Wild Arms games since they were originally out on the PSX. From what I vageuly remember they were good, but not quite amazing. Definitely better than some of the budget PSX RPGs like 'Thousand Arms'. Kind of on par with the PSX 'Breath of Fire' games for budget / quality (although I remember liking BOF more, though that may be because I liked 1 and 2 on the SNES).

If I remember correctly, Wild Arms 1 has a PS2 remake called Wild Arms Alter F or something like that. It might be the best one to start with since Wild Arms 1 is probably pretty dated by now. If you like it, you could always move on to Wild Arms 2 from there. I didn't play the PS2 entries but I think 3 and 5 are supposed to be decent and 4 got pretty 'meh' to 'skip it' reviews, though I could be mixing it up with Suikoden in that regard

Latest posts