What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

What game are you currently playing? (Screenshots if possible pls)

lowfat

Staff member
That's disappointing. W1 was a made-for-PC game and not a port like W2 wasn't it?

Was it choppy without the mods, or is it the mods that are dragging it down?
I think all of CDPR games were PC first and ported to console. TW1 only came out for PC tho.

I specificially remember one chapter was really choppy when it I first played it. Not the mods as they are mostly just texture mods. I'm still barely ever @ 50% GPU usage. Single core on CPU is pegged tho.

sswilson

Staff member
I think all of CDPR games were PC first and ported to console. TW1 only came out for PC tho.

I specificially remember one chapter was really choppy when it I first played it. Not the mods as they are mostly just texture mods. I'm still barely ever @ 50% GPU usage. Single core on CPU is pegged tho.

Pretty sure W2 W3 was produced as a console game and then ported over. (The controls most certainly were).

(edit to confirm it was W3 that was the console port as opposed to W2)

Last edited:

lowfat

Staff member
Pretty sure W2 W3 was produced as a console game and then ported over. (The controls most certainly were).

(edit to confirm it was W3 that was the console port as opposed to W2)

W2 definitely was PC first, It was out like 6 months for PC before X360.

Can't find anything that says W3 was designed for console first.

And CP2077 definitely was PC first as the console releases were hot garbage.

sswilson

Staff member
Maybe "port" is the wrong word to use.... I believe the way it was described (by the devs) is that they only did a single base build and thus had to design for the lowest common denominator (consoles). They did add some PC specific graphics adjustments to the finished product, but the gameplay and mechanics were designed around console play.

I played about 2 hours on KB/M before I put it back on the shelf and never went back. (One of the mods broke down and bought a controller just to play this game.... ;) ).

lowfat

Staff member
The longer I play, the worse TW1 gets. Honestly up until chapter 5 I'd give it a solid 7/10. But it is so damn tedious I'd drop it to a 3/10. Nobody wants to play a game like this. I'm not sure it if is because I'm playing on the hardest difficulty. But have to fight 11ty damn people over and over and over again just isn't fun. I'm on the last fight and I'm thinking about quiting, just how stupid this has become.

FreeKnight

The longer I play, the worse TW1 gets. Honestly up until chapter 5 I'd give it a solid 7/10. But it is so damn tedious I'd drop it to a 3/10. Nobody wants to play a game like this. I'm not sure it if is because I'm playing on the hardest difficulty. But have to fight 11ty damn people over and over and over again just isn't fun. I'm on the last fight and I'm thinking about quiting, just how stupid this has become.
I went back to Quest for Glory 1-3 after playing 4 first a number of times.
I played Fallout 1 after playing 2 originally.
I've done about a half-dozen playthroughs of Mass Effect 1.
I guess I'm trying to say I put in effort to play through series, even if the initial entries are weak.

And I'll never go back and play the Withcher 1 again :LOL:

lowfat

Staff member
I went back to Quest for Glory 1-3 after playing 4 first a number of times.
I played Fallout 1 after playing 2 originally.
I've done about a half-dozen playthroughs of Mass Effect 1.
I guess I'm trying to say I put in effort to play through series, even if the initial entries are weak.

And I'll never go back and play the Withcher 1 again :LOL:

I've went and replayed a ton of older games and never really had many issues. Well besides Morrowind because it runs like crap. Played games from the early 90s recently and loved them still. But hell.... I liked TW1 when it came out, enough that I preordered TW2. I've only preordered like 5 games ever, 3 of them are CDPR games. I didn't played on the hardest difficulty before tho. I can't see how anyone test playing this game @ this difficulty though, "this is fun". Maybe it is the combat rebalance mod, I'm not sure. But watching vids online and it seems like combat is like 100% slower.

I gave up. I like hard games but this just is ridiculous. I tried for 90 minutes. Had to have tried 50 times. Haven't been this angry in years. :p

Anyways on to TW2. Tried a bunch of mods.... Game launches to a black screen. SIGH.

Lysrin

I've went and replayed a ton of older games and never really had many issues. Well besides Morrowind because it runs like crap. Played games from the early 90s recently and loved them still. But hell.... I liked TW1 when it came out, enough that I preordered TW2. I've only preordered like 5 games ever, 3 of them are CDPR games. I didn't played on the hardest difficulty before tho. I can't see how anyone test playing this game @ this difficulty though, "this is fun". Maybe it is the combat rebalance mod, I'm not sure. But watching vids online and it seems like combat is like 100% slower.

I gave up. I like hard games but this just is ridiculous. I tried for 90 minutes. Had to have tried 50 times. Haven't been this angry in years. :p

Anyways on to TW2. Tried a bunch of mods.... Game launches to a black screen. SIGH.
Mods can be very time consuming, as you know. I said it before but I think I have spent almost as much time modding Skyrim as I have playing it! :LOL:

Latest posts