What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

What game are you currently playing? (Screenshots if possible pls)

ipaine

I still play lots of the old Sierra quest games.

And man it has been a long time since I played Pirates.

FreeKnight

Space Quest 2 is quite possibly the best game of all time ever.

-ST
Oddly enough, Space quest is the only classic Sierra series I never played. Played all King's Quests except the last one (Mask of Eternity or something like that), every Leisure Suit Larry prior to the 3d abominations (and at an age too young to be playing Leisure Suit Larry), every Quest for Glory more times than I should admit, all three Gabriel Knights and even some of the lesser know ones like the Laura Bow games.

Should really give them a try once

sswilson

Staff member
To each their own I guess. I was never a fan of any of the quest style games. Too linear for me.

(That's not to say they weren't good games... their popularity speaks to that. Just not my personal cup of tea)

FreeKnight

To each their own I guess. I was never a fan of any of the quest style games. Too linear for me.

(That's not to say they weren't good games... their popularity speaks to that. Just not my personal cup of tea)
At their time, there wasn't much that compared to them story and narrative wise. That said, the gameplay wasn't that great, some of the puzzles were absolutely obtuse and the number of times you could miss a single item near the start and end up losing the game later and not being able to go back and get it was infuriating.

I like them partly due to nostalgia, but they definitely had enough flaws that it's understandable how they turn off a lot of people.

Soultribunal

Staff member
Oddly enough, Space quest is the only classic Sierra series I never played. Played all King's Quests except the last one (Mask of Eternity or something like that), every Leisure Suit Larry prior to the 3d abominations (and at an age too young to be playing Leisure Suit Larry), every Quest for Glory more times than I should admit, all three Gabriel Knights and even some of the lesser know ones like the Laura Bow games.

Should really give them a try once

I can honestly say I have played just about ever Sierra Game there ever was in the early stages.

Loved em all.

I think second favorite game to Space Quest, was Loom. God I would love another game like Loom.

-ST

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
I finished Mass Effect Legendary Edition playthrough (108 hours), so I've moved on to Assassin's Creed Valhalla. Although I might replay Cyberpunk 2077 to see how the patches have changed the experience.

JD

Staff member
Far Cry 6, always enjoyed them, even if they are mostly the same. This one seems a bit bigger/more varied though, and having horses to get around is cool too. Went with the subscription though as I'm hoping I'll finish within a month...

Shadowmeph

Far Cry 6, always enjoyed them, even if they are mostly the same. This one seems a bit bigger/more varied though, and having horses to get around is cool too. Went with the subscription though as I'm hoping I'll finish within a month...
farcry looks great but feel very repetitive for me

FreeKnight

Playing far cry 6 as well. Got it free with my 5900x otherwise I probably would have skipped it. It's not bad, but they need a refresh and a little more depth to the series. I skipped 5 entirely because I assumed it was another 'wash, rinse, repeat'.

I'd say my only real disappointment is the capital city in the game being entirely unpopulated. I get that the story is it's in martial law and lockdown, but it feels like such a cheap cop-out. I don't expect it to be full of NPCs just for the sake of it like Cyberpunk, but it's a missed opportunity to have it feel like there's actual life in the game. An approach more like GTA V for NPCs would probably help the game.

zoob

Been spending a lot of time building roads. Walking around can get a bit boring but then other times you come across some nice views like this:

Also find it quite hilarious that this is actually a strategy when you run out of weapons:

Bonus floating vehicle:

Latest posts