What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

What is dead Motherboard or PSU?

Izerous

Folding Team
that was my thinking too that the 5/3/12 volt rail has died or shorted out hence the turning on then once plugged into the pc shuts down (safety feature )

but without one of those, the only way to check is another supply.
In a pinch you can check the rails with a multimeter... just more hassle than the cheap tester

Kingh

I was thinking of the battery but didn't expect it. I do have a working PC, I did hook up another power supply but that was a sketchy power supply too (long story), I'll hook up my good one and see luckily that one is full modular so shouldn't take too long.

I just wanted to give an update. After going on holidays I picked up a PSU while at Mem Express (inWin P75 750watt). My other was either done, or time to build a new build so I plugged in new PSU and everything working perfectly (LUCKY ME). Might still look into upgrading this old 12 year old system. But the PC is going and I can't complain.

Cheers everyone.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Twitter