What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

What is the best PREMIUM keyboard for FPS ?

sf101

Its pretty subjective
Some prefer minimalist keyboards with just the basics.
Some like having G-keys some want a numpad for other use which limits your brand choices.
Some people like optical switches some dont like the travel like I said its kind of hard to recommend these things.
Their is definitly some new stuff out there most of it is minimalist keyboard's which has taken a rise in stock with a lot of gamers lately.
I'd watch some of the hardware Canucks YouTube reviews they go over peripherals alot and are quite picky there.
Badseed also reviews alot of these Peripherals.

Lysrin

I saw your post the other day and then forgot to comment. I would have said pretty much what @sf101 said.

Personal experience, for switches I have settled on CherryMX browns. They are nice for typing, not obnoxiously noisy, and fine for gaming in my experience. I'm not a pro FPS gamer though by any means. Casual at best.

FreeKnight

Browns or blacks/reds for me. Blues are for people that hate everyone within earshot.

There's no 'best' keyboard though. The market is nearly saturated and there's so many mechanical keyboards now that it comes down to prioritizing your features list.
- Easy to clean/open frame?
- Wireless/ Wired?
- Input lag prioritization?
- Size?
- Numberpad or macro keys?
etc.

I had a K95 (precursor to the 100) and was generally pretty happy with it other than ergonomics. The 100 is probably a solid buy, if not particularly special.

Izerous

Folding Team
I do like my optical reds in the RX Scope, more than i liked the cherry mx reds. Smoother and more stable due to the overall difference in design. However replacement keycaps if you were into that is an impossibility it seems as no one really makes non-mx compatible keycaps.

Vittra

Wooting 2 HE & Wooting 60HE are objectively the best FPS keyboards due to the excellent software stack for controlling the analog Hall Effect switches. Whether or not it matters is a different discussion.

You can adjust both the actuation point AND release point (called 'Rapid Trigger', unique to Wooting currently) within the whole 0.1mm to 4.0mm travel range of the switch, and you can do this on a per-key basis - that way you can still have keys like the Windows key or ability keys in-game that aren't as hyper-sensitive as something like your movement keys.

You can also setup 'mod-tap' functionality, which means tapping a key will perform a different function than holding it down. Example - remapping the right side keyboard modifier cluster of the 60HE to be arrow keys when tapped, or their regular modifications when held. Another example is changing capslock to be a different key when tapped, or actual capslock when held down.

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
if I can do a sidejacking...does anyone here have any brand recommendations for cheap but very usable mechanical keyboards with brown switches (silent but tactile) in the 60, 65, 70, 75 sizes? I wanna try then on for size and see which of them seems to work best for me.

Latest posts