What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

What is the right vista for me?

enaberif

im sick of this vista unstable crap. Its been perfectly fine for me. Dont get ultimate version though its got a bunch of useless crap. at most get the premium.

Well if you remember the Windows ME days you'd have people who had no trouble and people who had nothing but trouble and the same applies to Vista; some people its great and others its not so great.

Mine has been not so great.

belgolas

O.K. I think I am going with 64bit home preimuim. it is $100 cheaper then ultimate and yes it is the OEM version. Wouldn't buy it if it wasn't. Enaberif is the only one that hates vista that I know.

mo' power

I would also recommend vista premium. I'm using the oem version and have had no problems from install up until now. It even automatically installed a raid driver automatically for my raid0.

Gamashinoch

there's a BIG no, ginoromous difference between sh*tastic windows ME and driver issues in Vista. One was just somethin' to sell and was rushed the other wasn't necessarily rushed, driver writers dragged their feet (vendors had a version to play with for roughly 3+ months prior to "release" not to mention the BETA's) you must be doing something wrong for your videocard to be crapping out now.

enaberif

there's a BIG no, ginoromous difference between sh*tastic windows ME and driver issues in Vista. One was just somethin' to sell and was rushed the other wasn't necessarily rushed, driver writers dragged their feet (vendors had a version to play with for roughly 3+ months prior to "release" not to mention the BETA's) you must be doing something wrong for your videocard to be crapping out now.

Negative. Its quite a problem that lots of people are having with my series of cards and the only way to fix it is to overclock the card but because Vista doesn't like anything being set to start upon boot up its difficult to get rivatuner or ntune to keep the overclock to stop the screen corruption.

Kandorf

Is there any real different between buying Vista now and downloading the updates as apposed to waiting for the SP1 release? Of course, its probably faster to install with SP1, but any functionality or performance difference?

Latest posts