What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

What is wrong with HCF? Member's and Staff Options Wanted

Squeetard

"Quote This..."
The system is OBVIOUSLY totally flawed as I have yet to be banned or receive any warnings.

encorp

Encorp - don't feed them.

IMO, some people frequent this board lately just to engage in confrontation. They thrive on it.

So move on - getting yourself all fired up on the account of 16 year old kids isn't worth it.

You ARE totally right. But someone has to stick up for the right cause here and not give into this group of grouchy, miss guided elder members.

You guys want to know what's wrong with HWC right now?

THE IRC CHANNEL

It's a cesspool of people sitting around in a divisive sub-community from the rest of the forums, plotting, talking, and spreading bullshit propaganda about whatever the people in there feel like talking about.

I know a lot of the members in there are cool people.. but the reason all this bullshit is going on is because all the grumpy ass members get together on IRC and bitch and complain, and then they feel like they've got it right and can bring all their shit back here.

I think Gav should remove all official association with the IRC channel and remove any mention of it from the forums.

Then, if those babies want to bitch and complain - at least it won't be from any possible HWC associated or sanctioned venue.

MacJunky

blahblah bullshit propaganda blahblah
It is normally fine in there. Do you cut of your thumb if you hit it with a hammer? No. You let it heal and then use it again.
A shit storm would have happened anyway even without the IRC channel around. It is not the only way members have to contact each other.

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
Damn, you will never change Cam. But I think you are wrong on this.

You explained the sole reason why as a Mod I refused to join the IRC channel. To allow members a place to vent, and for any matter. I accepted that fact as a Mod, as long as it did not interfer with the daily routine of the Forum. Heck, the channel was never a concern in the back rooms, back when. And it should not either to this day, since members could gather in any other channel, and still decide to bring their "issues" over here.

My taughts? The Forum is simply living Growing Pains. New members mixing with old farts that have a ton of knowledge. Unfortunately this can cause clashes... and it did - quite a few times. Was this preventable? No. This is where moderation quicks in. Did the Mods take the right decisions? As regular members, you have no rights to even come up with an answer (I'm looking at you, Zero). The Mods took their decision(s) based on the facts they had on hand, and to the best of their abilities.

And what do you do as regular members? You have 2 options:

you shut the f... up, and move on.
you shut the f... up, and leave.

This is not a freakin' kindergarden.

encorp

Damn, you will never change Cam. But I think you are wrong on this.

You explained the sole reason why as a Mod I refused to join the IRC channel. To allow members a place to vent, and for any matter. I accepted that fact as a Mod, as long as it did not interfer with the daily routine of the Forum. Heck, the channel was never a concern in the back rooms, back when. And it should not either to this day, since members could gather in any other channel, and still decide to bring their "issues" over here.

My taughts? The Forum is simply living Growing Pains. New members mixing with old farts that have a ton of knowledge. Unfortunately this can cause clashes... and it did - quite a few times. Was this preventable? No. This is where moderation quicks in. Did the Mods take the right decisions? As regular members, you have no rights to even come up with an answer (I'm looking at you, Zero). The Mods took their decision(s) based on the facts they had on hand, and to the best of their abilities.

And what do you do as regular members? You have 2 options:

you shut the f... up, and move on.
you shut the f... up, and leave.

This is not a freakin' kindergarden.

:ban: :ban: :ban:

This guy is CRAZY!

;)

hahaha - You're right though, and I do agree with your points to an extent. I just think in the end it's doing more harm than good - now. It used to be fun, now it's just where the grumpy asses go for sympathetic ears.

Latest posts