What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

What is your Internet speed?

tonytdnguyen89

Idk how my neighbourhood after all these years still does not support fibre. Tired of being cable lol

gingerbee

So I got the fiber hooked up at the house all is good but then I started thinking about the torrenting I have to do cause I have a load of DVD that I have to down load to have a back up or encode my self I thought I would do a combo of both ( my mother wants all her DVD on your pc )

Does bell slowing torrenting down I do use a VPN but I thought they may still have a way to slow it down ???

gingerbee

well, I already have a VPN till 2025 some silly low amount for a long time, that and I don't "use" Usenet. and getting into it for these download's not really something I want to do right now.

Little sideways topic the install told me there testing 10g right now in ST Catherines and he thinks it will be rolling out in the next year or so and the bell home hub 4000 is good to go for it, this is the first I heard of any company going 10g I thought 2 or 5 might be first kinda crazy I thought

JD

Staff member
I believe the new HH4000 has a single 10G Ethernet port, so you'd need to hookup your own 10G switch to it as the onboard switch ports are all 1G. Even the old HH3000 supports 2.5G on the WAN, so I suspect they'll bump up the speeds and get rid of the 150 and 500 plans eventually.

No throttling or such with Bell, only port 25 is blocked inbound that I know of. That's to prevent people from running mail servers that send out spam. Whether or not you want to use VPN is up to you, obviously it won't be as fast, but you'll gain a bit of privacy.

gingerbee

Thanks so much, those were the answer I needed to hear😁😁😁, the tech did point out that if I upgraded to the 10g I would want to add my own 10g router or switch he said since there is a single 10g jack, he said its the red one on the back didn't look yet.

Can't use it yet still in the old place about 1/4 way moved. Thanks again all

JD

Staff member
Onwards! Bell launched 3Gbps this week, so I had to get it banana

Was the first install for this tech as well as for the area, so he had to report back to head office saying that it was all working :)

This is on XGS-PON instead now and requires the HH4000 which has a 10G Ethernet port. My UDM-Pro sadly cannot do PPPoE at these speeds, and it doesn't seem to play nice with Advanced DMZ, so not quite sure what I'm going to do yet.

1649285535908.png

gingerbee

damn nice speed, well I also just found out why my price changed because they lowered the price of my plan to create the 3Gbps plan. I don't know why they just didn't bump us up and keep us at the same cost, well will be changing that in a bit since I have everything I need for those speeds thanks JD.

I love that they say you need and R7 or an I7 for those internet speeds lmao

Last edited:

Latest posts