What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

what Linux would you recommend for an AMD A6?

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
Stumbled across this article today about another option, Bodhi Linux, I don't think we mentioned. Based on Ubuntu, claims to be another one that makes old computers feel new. Haven't used this distro myself.

I also saw this on my feeds...it now hides in the bazillion tabs I have open, LoL!

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
Gparted Live is the most recommended Linux tool , although I think you can delete partitions from a Linux bootable install image. Been a while. I know you can from Windows install media, I've done that many times.

Reactions: 10e

Marzipan

Yes, you have to disable it (or import the uefi keys from the media if any option to do this).
hmmm...Secure Boot is greyed out in the BIOS, I can't make any changes. I don't see any 'advanced' mode so not sure how I gain access.

I had Googled the error message previously but the answers didn't make sense...I did it again and now I get it...something is wrong with the ISO so it's being blocked from loading, so I will make a new bootable drive and see what happens then. :p

djbrad

If you need to go back to that secure boot setting :

It could also be CSM --> UEFI with CSM" usually means mixed mode in which both native (UEFI) and CSM-based (BIOS) boot is available.

That will disable secure boot.

Marzipan

If you need to go back to that secure boot setting :

It could also be CSM --> UEFI with CSM" usually means mixed mode in which both native (UEFI) and CSM-based (BIOS) boot is available.

That will disable secure boot.
I got it figured out and have Secure Boot disabled in the BIOS now and successfully (I think) installed Mint Xfce.

Shadowmeph

wow I am surprised how much easier they made linux to connect to a windows shared folder before it used to be a hassle now its very basic, just type in ip name of the folder and bam done

Latest posts