What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

What music subscription service are you using?

crazyea

Maybe YTM was a mistake as well... I don't understand how every subsciption has features missing that seem pretty damn important. Like why can not I not easily remove a song from a playlist that is currently playing? You have to find the song in the actual playlist and delete it. Can't even search the playlist anywhere like w/ Spotify. And STILL no multiple selecting song. Want to add 10 songs from an album? Nope, you have to do the whole album or every song individually.

And why is there no option to remove all videos. I want music. Not videos. SIGH.
Did you try adding multiple songs on the pc? It works fine for me.

Attachments

• spotify2.png
    spotify2.png
    222.1 KB · Views: 2

Mr. Friendly

well well well...Amazon just announced their lossless music with no subscription price increase either.

lets hope Spotify follows suit in the short term!

sswilson

Staff member
I'll have to take another look at amazon music. Does it have external control similar to spotify connect that works with the music playing on a windows PC client (absolutely not interested in a web interface for PC)? That's pretty much critical to how I use my music library and not something I'm willing to give up.

lowfat

Staff member
Thought on Apple Music after a few days of use. The Android app ain't half bad. Actually seem to have less issues than any other music app. But holy hell Apple Music is terrible if you don't use an Apple computer. You can use iTunes, but the app UI hasn't changed in a decade now and its pretty terrible. The Web UI looks decent. But its a terrible experience. It is beyond slow. Songs just randomly stop all the time. And I'll have to skip the song. I've tried both Chrome and FF and both have the issues. No way to search a playlist and no way to remove a currently playing some from the playlist. You manually have to search with your eyes for the song in the playlist.

Also every single time I stop playback on desktop and start listening on my phone (and vice versa) it tells me I can only listen to one device at a time. And I have to skip to the next track to play. Even if I haven't listened to anything on the desktop in hours.

Entz

The random stopping seems to be a new thing/issue. I wonder if they broke something, it never used to happen but I couldn't make it through an album yesterday without it dying on basically every other song.

Lysrin

Thought on Apple Music after a few days of use. The Android app ain't half bad. Actually seem to have less issues than any other music app. But holy hell Apple Music is terrible if you don't use an Apple computer. You can use iTunes, but the app UI hasn't changed in a decade now and its pretty terrible. The Web UI looks decent. But its a terrible experience. It is beyond slow. Songs just randomly stop all the time. And I'll have to skip the song. I've tried both Chrome and FF and both have the issues. No way to search a playlist and no way to remove a currently playing some from the playlist. You manually have to search with your eyes for the song in the playlist.

Also every single time I stop playback on desktop and start listening on my phone (and vice versa) it tells me I can only listen to one device at a time. And I have to skip to the next track to play. Even if I haven't listened to anything on the desktop in hours.
I have often joked that the two people working on iTunes are locked in a basement room somewhere in Apple-land with no windows and a single naked lightbulb in the ceiling and they are kept away from everyone else in the modern application development world :LOL: iTunes has always been terrible imo, even when I had and really wanted to use my various iPods.

Twitter