What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

What music subscription service are you using?

Entz

I thought they killed standalone iTunes for Windows. Did they make a Windows store version? It has always been garbage to be honest, its what they let their interns work on .

Lysrin

I thought they killed standalone iTunes for Windows. Did they make a Windows store version? It has always been garbage to be honest, its what they let their interns work on .
In their defence, I haven't used it in several years so I could be being unfair to current versions... but maybe not? The intern comment gave me a chuckle!

lowfat

Staff member
Was outside doing yard work for maybe an hour. And Apple Music told me at least 5x that I can only listen to one device at a time. Even just having the browser open is considering playing :rolleyes:? And it is just too damn slow to continue using.

So I've tried Deezer, YouTube Music, Amazon Music, Spotify, Apple Music, and Tidal. Anything else available in Canada?

lowfat

Staff member
I find that using PLEX with the PLEXAMP app works really well if you have your own library. :cool:
Streaming services are just too convenient. Could never go back these days.

Listening to music. Have to stop for 2 minutes. Come back and AM just doesn't want to play any more. Have to restart the playlist. I've had to restart playlists at least 20x in the last 5 days.
Screenshot_Apple_Music_20210521-155155.png

Is this the Web UI equivalent? :mad:
1.JPG

Anyways, thinking about trying out Soundcloud now.

Jokester

Was outside doing yard work for maybe an hour. And Apple Music told me at least 5x that I can only listen to one device at a time. Even just having the browser open is considering playing :rolleyes:? And it is just too damn slow to continue using.

So I've tried Deezer, YouTube Music, Amazon Music, Spotify, Apple Music, and Tidal. Anything else available in Canada?

What didn't you like about amazon music? I like that they made it HD for regular subscribers now. loads of music to choose from. it's def my fav from the few I have tried.

lowfat

Staff member
What didn't you like about amazon music? I like that they made it HD for regular subscribers now. loads of music to choose from. it's def my fav from the few I have tried.
Multiple selecting of tracks IIRC.

I ended up going back to Spotify. I couldn't handle Apple music even for the free trial, it was just too unreliable. The Android app may be the worst app I've ever used. Anyways I solved my major issue w/ Spotify by enabling offline mode on my phone. Although I still don't like the new UI they've moved to.

lowfat

Staff member
Is shuffle always broken on Spotify? Playing a playlist w/ 253 songs on shuffle. Yet it is playing a song it just played 13 songs ago. Looking at the queue history and upcoming songs, it seems to have a whole lot of repeats. And its not even like I 'liked' these songs. How does this make sense?

For spotify setting my phone to offline mode made an absolute huge improvement. However it still does this. Not even on the same phone.

I started the playlist. Look in the queue, I could see like hundreds of songs. Next time I start up the vehicle, look in the queue, I can see maybe 15 songs. Play 1 or 2 songs. Next time I started the vehicle, there was zero songs in the queue. If finished the single song. And after it starts playing the songs in the exact same order.

It seems to only happen on a single playlist, but my favourite playlist.

Latest posts

Twitter