What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

What music subscription service are you using?

lowfat

Staff member
is that confirmed?
Google says before the end of the year. I think it was announced last month as they announced you'd be able to migrate GPM playlists to YTM.

I'll probably end up waiting until the last days to see if they fix my issues w/ YTM.

Lysrin

Wow I did not know that. Well, now I have to start looking too. I just saw that via PayPal you can get Spotify Premium for 3 months.

sswilson

Staff member
Yeah, just had a look at my spotify clients and while you can "like" a song, there doesn't appear to be a way to "dislike" it other than the settings (and it appears you already know about this) that allow you to block tracks/artists from appearing in playlists.

Bond007

Google says before the end of the year. I think it was announced last month as they announced you'd be able to migrate GPM playlists to YTM.

I'll probably end up waiting until the last days to see if they fix my issues w/ YTM.

ugh. We have google play music all setup nicely. I saw the emails about transferring stuff to YouTube music, but honestly I didn’t give it any thought.

Prickly007

Windows and Android. I guess I also need to be able it to auto download my playlists to me phone too.

Have you considered piracy, and a certain Russian site? :whistle:

Edit: Foobar can send tracks manually to my ipods, never tried sending them to my phone.

Izerous

Folding Team
I have been swapping between free GPM and paid YTM. Honestly through things like google home etc I didn't notice a difference at all etc. YTM does exactly what I want play a genre and download music to my phone automagically for offline use like streaming in the car since my car supports bluetooth playback. Discontinued my sirius subscription many years ago now.

lowfat

Staff member
Still on my quest to find a GPM replacement. If I move to YTM I'm going to lose all my thumb up/down because the transfer will not transfer to my TY 'brand' account. So I have to share my playlists from my non-brand account to my brand account. That plus the other issues I have w/ the android and web apps. So I decided to try out Deezer for 3 months.

Unfortunately it seems to have some of the exact same issues. 1000 song / playlist max. 2000 max favourites. 1000 max downloaded songs on mobile, 2000 on desktop. Just like GPM / YTM you can't remove a song from a playlist on the playback screen on Android. But the biggest annoyance is a bug that skips the track any time I turn off the stereo in my vehicle. Which I do every time I get out of my vehicle, so like 30x a day. :rolleyes:

supaflyx3

Still on my quest to find a GPM replacement. If I move to YTM I'm going to lose all my thumb up/down because the transfer will not transfer to my TY 'brand' account. So I have to share my playlists from my non-brand account to my brand account. That plus the other issues I have w/ the android and web apps. So I decided to try out Deezer for 3 months.

Unfortunately it seems to have some of the exact same issues. 1000 song / playlist max. 2000 max favourites. 1000 max downloaded songs on mobile, 2000 on desktop. Just like GPM / YTM you can't remove a song from a playlist on the playback screen on Android. But the biggest annoyance is a bug that skips the track any time I turn off the stereo in my vehicle. Which I do every time I get out of my vehicle, so like 30x a day. :rolleyes:

Give that a try with Spotify. I did something similar when I switched from GPM to Spotify a couple years ago and it was seamless.

Latest posts