What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

What music subscription service are you using?

lowfat

Staff member

Give that a try with Spotify. I did something similar when I switched from GPM to Spotify a couple years ago and it was seamless.
I used when I tried Spotify about a year ago. I used https://www.tunemymusic.com/ yesterday for Deezer and it's free. Seems to support nearly everything.

Problem is Spotify doesn't allow for uploading your own music, and I have some tracks that aren't on any streaming service.

sswilson

Staff member
I used when I tried Spotify about a year ago. I used https://www.tunemymusic.com/ yesterday for Deezer and it's free. Seems to support nearly everything.

Problem is Spotify doesn't allow for uploading your own music, and I have some tracks that aren't on any streaming service.

There is a way that supports uploading your own music as a local file, and a (kinda cludgy) way to have them easily transfer to your other devices.

The easiest way I've found so far is to import local files into your desktop client (the method is described in the link above), you then make playlists on your desktop of the local files you want to have available on your other devices and set those playlists to "download" (Or is it "make available offline"?) on your other devices.... as long as both your desktop's and your other device's clients are up and running over the same wifi network your device will download the files for the playlist from your desktop client.

Yes it's a bit of a cludge, and it's nowhere near as convenient as Google's old feature of being able to upload all of your personal audio files to their cloud and then have them available to all of your devices, but it does work. (I used it for my Tool library until the good reverend decided to relent and allow his music to be included on streaming services).

lowfat

Staff member
Moved to Spotify from GPM today. Got one issue tho, I can't figure out how to remove a song from a playlist that is currently playing. The playlist is on shuffle. Searching for the song, just searches all of Spotify, not just my playlists. Do I really need to dig through the entire playlist manually to find the song? I'll have to do this many times over as I'm sure the tool I used to transfer the songs will not select the correct versions of the song most of the time.

At least w/ Deezer, I could easily just click on the song and select a different version. Was really handy.

sswilson

Staff member
Not sure about the mobile app, but in the PC app you can select your playlist and then at the top there's a "filter" search bar you can use to find the song/artist you're looking for.

edit: aside from using the hamburger for a currently playing song to add it to a playlist I don't do any file manipulation using the mobile app.

Entz

I am doing the Apple Music currently via the new One subscription. Seems to be working well so far.

lowfat

Staff member
Not sure about the mobile app, but in the PC app you can select your playlist and then at the top there's a "filter" search bar you can use to find the song/artist you're looking for.

edit: aside from using the hamburger for a currently playing song to add it to a playlist I don't do any file manipulation using the mobile app.
Seems clicking on the album art brings you to the song in the playlist.

Babrbarossa

How much is Amazon HD?/ We've been running Deezer HD for years - I have high-end equipment so I want good quality but I haven't shopped around in ages.

lowfat

Staff member
How much is Amazon HD?/ We've been running Deezer HD for years - I have high-end equipment so I want good quality but I haven't shopped around in ages.
Do you use it in your vehicle or cast to devices? I found Deezer to be the most frustrating music experience ever.

Casting to my AVR was SOOO slow. Like a 5-10s delay for everything I did. Deezer knew of the issue and said it would be fixed when they move to the newest Cast protocol, whenever that may be. However my TV had a Deezer app so I tried that out. There wasn't lag but its UI was terrible and I couldn't use my phone.

But the real big issue was bluetooth playback in my vehicle. Any single time I turned off the stereo or the vehicle, it would skip to the next song. And since I'm getting in and out of my vehicle dozens of a times a day it became right damned annoying. I stopped using it about 3 weeks in to my 3 month trial as I couldn't take it any more. :eek:

Latest posts