What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

What music subscription service are you using?

crazyea

Having a lot of issues w/ the a Spotify android app. It's driving me up the wall. Stopped using shuffle as it seemed to always repeat certain songs. But now it's still doing it. I'll be playing a playlist in the vehicle. Stop the vehicle for 5 minutes. Come back and it has jumped back in the playlist. Sometimes 10 songs sometimes 40. But always goes back to the same song until I restart the playlist from the beginning.

I'm not sure, but I also get many song repeated, or the playlist always seems to rotate the same songs, even though my playlist has 1200 songs on it. Do you think it may have something to do with the AUTOMIX smooth transition setting? Anyway, it bugs me as well.

As far as spotify connect, I always send the playback back to my phone before turning off my receiver. This way the play progress is at least synced up.

lowfat

Staff member
I'm not sure, but I also get many song repeated, or the playlist always seems to rotate the same songs, even though my playlist has 1200 songs on it. Do you think it may have something to do with the AUTOMIX smooth transition setting? Anyway, it bugs me as well.

As far as spotify connect, I always send the playback back to my phone before turning off my receiver. This way the play progress is at least synced up.

I know some of the issues happened where I never touched Spotify on other devices besides the phone, while in the vehicle. I was going to try offline mode to see if it worked.

lowfat

Staff member
Got sick of Spotify Connect. Trying to listen to a playlist over the last few days. Every damn time I got in to my vehicle, it would restart the queue from where it left off on the phone instead of my desktop. So instead of playing the entire playlist I'd hear the same songs over and over again. Just can't take it any more.

And still hate the fact there is no dislike button.

So back to YTM. Well actually YouTube Premium as its only $2 more per month.

lowfat

Staff member
Got sick of Spotify Connect. Trying to listen to a playlist over the last few days. Every damn time I got in to my vehicle, it would restart the queue from where it left off on the phone instead of my desktop. So instead of playing the entire playlist I'd hear the same songs over and over again. Just can't take it any more.

And still hate the fact there is no dislike button.

So back to YTM. Well actually YouTube Premium as its only $2 more per month.
Maybe YTM was a mistake as well... I don't understand how every subsciption has features missing that seem pretty damn important. Like why can not I not easily remove a song from a playlist that is currently playing? You have to find the song in the actual playlist and delete it. Can't even search the playlist anywhere like w/ Spotify. And STILL no multiple selecting song. Want to add 10 songs from an album? Nope, you have to do the whole album or every song individually.

And why is there no option to remove all videos. I want music. Not videos. SIGH.

Entz

Entz

20.95. 5 users + AppleTV + extra space for backing up all the devices. I haven't used arcade but its there as well.

lowfat

Staff member
Trying Apple Music out even tho I don't use any Apple devices. It isn't bad. The Web UI isn't bad. But it can be painfully slow sometimes.

crazyea

Spotify only. Maybe not for long.

I have used them for years. With the introduction of video podcasts, and subsequently them spamming my suggested areas with unwanted crap, I have seriously considered jumping ship.

I know they want to promote it as much as possible, but Spotify is for music only, and the occasional JRE episode, but I do not want this nonsense all over my Spotify home page and I'd prefer the ability to turn the suggestions off.

Latest posts