What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

what processor?

neo678123

what processor shall i use
a
AMD 8120 8-core
or an
intel i5 2500k

(i have an Nvidia 560ti superclocked and 8gb RAM)

thanks
neo:thumb:

ZZLEE

Intel

Ya im fanboy :)

but it is a better processor. more options on a AMD board for USB 3 and Stata 6 though.

sswilson

Staff member
Either an i5, or a Hexacore (1090t would be my choice) PH II AM3. I wouldn't touch BD with a 10 foot pole. (well at least until they start using some truth in advertising WRT how many cores their procs actually have.... ;) ).

bissa

if you want to be directly comparable use the 2600K. but of the options, the 2500K would be best. there is almost nothing out there that can actually use 8 threads anyways.

techman95

although i love my AMD, i wouldnt touch BD with jack s**t till they sort its many issues out so either a 2500k or a 1090/1100t last gen AM3 cpus. and i am considered a true fanboy of amd every computer ive owned or thats been in my house has been an AMD.

a35599

although i love my AMD, i wouldnt touch BD with jack s**t till they sort its many issues out so either a 2500k or a 1090/1100t last gen AM3 cpus. and i am considered a true fanboy of amd every computer ive owned or thats been in my house has been an AMD.

I hear ya, I loved AMD, but sometimes ya just have to make that choice and jump off a sinking ship.

jumpload

Banned
I fail to see the point on the 8 core cpu topic all the way around, last i checked a twin is {ball park number} is 50% faster then a single and a quad is 25% faster then the twin in real world apps.

Following this logic that means a 8 core is 12.5% faster o_O
This hole topic is playing around with the parallelism topic in computer science.

Till theirs a epic leap in real world memory speed {not BS PR effective memory speed jargon} all that's happing is the cpu cores are runing in idle mode if they all light up all at once and the software used has to be setup for 8 cores as well the software has to be Optimized for that kind of a SMP computer setup.
Most games are not last i checked.

Long story sort intel i5 2500k,though i wouldn't mind having a 8 core on my hands to mess with just for testing it my self to see how much efficiency drops as i light up each core progressively.
Bin a wile since i looked up this topic and im shore its gotten better but still theirs limits to what you can do with a smp computer setup when everything is plugged in to the same memory bank.

Latest posts