What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

What to DO and NOT DO when building a PC.

BALISTX

Maybe up your mind on what parts you want before you build you system. I should take my own advice LOL

Shredder

A Fantastic list you have :thumb:

Do start your new build with bare minimums CPU,GPU,PSU,RAM and watch your bios hardware temperatures and voltages to see if there is a major problem before you waste the time filling your case.

Do purchase a bright flexible clamping light to see where your putting your fat fingers * Bent/broken mobo power pins are very hard to repair.

martin_metal_88

If he do, it's disgusting. especially around the toilet.

DO : Make sure the hetsink is well fixed!

I have a costumer this week end who bought a full PC in part,3 hours later he come in the pc wont boot, there was 3 mistake.

1: the 2 superior pushpin of the intel retail fan were not fixed in.
2: On the Intel DX58SO there is a sata power plus at the bottom of the board, he plug the PSU in there.
3: the 2 GTS 250 were not well seated in PCI-e slot.

Result of all that, No refund no exchange because of User damage:):):) all paid with Accord D. I forgot to tell you, Fried CPU, Friend MOBO, Fried RAM 1 Fried Video Card.

Edit : if your local shop offer to assemble the computer for 35$ and you know you a re an idiot...please pay!!!

Perineum

Well, now that it's been necro'd....

I do all my builds on carpet. They all work hard and have no issues...

Mind you, I install the PSU into the case first and plug it in... and with OCD regularity, I touch the case to ground myself.

bissa

wow, I have broken so many of those rules. and +1 to don't necessarily trust the guys at the local shop.
don't test stock case fans with your finger, they break easily (and the fragments hurt when they hit you in the face).

mo' power

DO check the b/s/t threads for fantastic deals! You will find a plethora of wonderful deals ranging from Audio to gadZooks!

rjbarker

- I always stand on carpet
- I never discharge the electricity from myself prior to starting
- I always drink beer while building
- I never take my time
- I always cut corners and never check that it works prior to putting on the finishing touches
- I never build out side the Case first (will bench it if it don't Post)
- I ALWAYS have the TV on!!!
- I'm usually "snacking" while I'm building
- I always twist the snot out of my cables...stretch em...make em fit!!!
- Both my Dogs (Jack Russells) wander in and out of the room at will

....."Fraid I certainly don't comply with your "do's and don'ts:.. ;)

PS Forgot to mention I usually start OC'ing as soon as I Post!!!!

gingerbee

and who set these rules ha ha what a joke come on build the way you want to build. i mean if i listen to all the bull sh1t ways to build here i would never build. just like the people who tell me i can't do an engine swap in my drive way with hand tools right.ha ha I really think this is a dumb thread there no right or wrong way. what every works for you

Latest posts

Twitter