What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

What Tubing Do You Use? Did it Cloud?

Sadasius

Just want to see what is getting used more here. Trying to collect data on tube clouding. Let me know if it did cloud and what you are using for coolant.

I'll start....Tygon 1/2" X 3/4" 3603 clear tubing. Used Distilled and PT Nuke PHN from Petra's. Clouded in 2 weeks. Used all copper blocks, rads and all Bitspower Fittings except for the Alphacool drains. The tube clouded but the water is clear as crystal and my res (EK 250mm multi rev 2) is also clear.

nckid4u

I bought mine at Lowes Home Improvement. 1/2"id, 5/8"od clear, distilled water, biocide from crazypc. Clouded in a couple weeks.

JD

Staff member
3/8"ID 5/8"OD PrimoFlex ProLRT Clear. No idea how long it takes to cloud but it is clouded. Using Feser One UV Blue pre-mixed fluid.

Fluid itself always looks fine when I drain it though, so whatever.

ChuckleBrother

Tygon 3603 1/2-5/8 - Clouded in about a month
Masterkleer 7/16 - 5/8 - Clouded in about 2 months, even after it did cloud it was less cloudy than the Tygon

Both tubings were run with Feser Acid Green and Feser Green

JMCD

I have UV Primochill tubing. Had it running since Early January, doesn't look too bad yet. Running with anti freeze and distilled water.

Mattu

Masterkleer 7/16 with distilled water, pt nuke and g11. no clouding yet, but my loop has only been running for ~1 month

Sadasius

Hmmm seems like anti-freeze slows it down some. Straight distilled seems to make it happen faster. Small delay with Feser products.

gingerbee

i change my coolant every 6 months i have never seen clouding in my systems and i have used all types of tubing and coolant from straight water to feser black which i am running with right now.

Sadasius

It's posts like yours that throw everything off. How do you live in Ontario and not have any clouding of your tubes at all? So you can throw on some Tygon clear and use only distilled and you won't cloud up? Sorry if I don't believe you. I have seen even the Tygon without plasticizer in it still cloud up even though it is not supposed to. Trying to find out why and to eliminate it so we can actually have nice clear tubes for a change for more then a month.

The reason why I said because you live in Ontario is because one of the suspects I am looking at is Fluoride in the water. I know that distilling does not get rid of fluoride and also in Ontario it's in our tap water not to mention that bottled water is mostly just filtered and fluoride gets through that too. Fluoride is a very active chemical that can have a great many reactions. Why it's in our damn water I don't know since it's damn toxic. Thing is it reacts with plastic and rubber (as well as many other things if you look at your shower curtain or door) causing calcium to stick to it as fluoride bonds with calcium which is why they put it in our water thinking it is actually helping us....Idiots. It's like saying to fix your tire just shoot air through the fuel injector. But anyway glycol seems to slow that reaction so I am thinking it is the damn fluoride in water after all. What does not help either is that there is no laws on water here and they list water with 0.0% fluoride in many products even though it may have 0.09%. Pisses me off as I am trying to find a water source that has none whatsoever.

***EDIT*** I wonder.....Maybe a bone in the res would cause the fluoride to stick to it. So many tests to do. :doh:

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
Every single piece of tubing (matched with about every liquid out there) that I have used eventually clouded over. I'm in Montreal.

Hence why I only use Primochill colored tubing for my customers and personal builds.