What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

whats peoples thoughts on Coincidences?

Shadowmeph

I sometimes go through allot of coincidences they seem to come in spurts .
like for myself today I just received a Daily service report via email from a person I do not know that works for a security company that was trying to hire me 3 years ago which so happens to be the security company that won the contract at the City Hall where I was working security at that time, which that city hall just called me 2 days ago ( not the company I work for but me personally) which I did work and cleaned up the whole area received letter of commendation from the Mayor all that stuff, anyway City hall never had my personal number but they somehow tracked me down wanting to hire me personally. this to me is a little to coincidental . oh and the report that was emailed to me is from a totally different Province approximately 1700 Km away and my personal email is distinctive . Coincidence maybe ?

Mr. Friendly

they happen...and occur to me more than seems normal, with my accident 23 years ago being a string of chance / coincidence that lined up perfectly so that I escaped the 90%+ fatality rate of a DAI brain injury.

that said, the holy scriptures put it succinctly at Ecclesiastes 9:11:

I have seen something further under the sun, that the swift do not always win the race, nor do the mighty win the battle,p nor do the wise always have the food, nor do the intelligent always have the riches, nor do those with knowledge always have success,r because time and unexpected events overtake them all.

I have never actually looked into it, but due to the frequency I find myself to experience the exception to the rule, I've always wanted to study statistics. anyone know where you'd look for courses that cover statistical analysis, etc?

danmitch1

seem like it is.. seriously.. who the hell knows.. when you zoom as far as you can on anything on a molecular level, the structure is almost pixelated... cant help but wondering... sometimes things fit together just a little too well , you know?
Not to mention everything basically is made of carbon.
EDIT: im not at all religious btw..

Mr. Friendly

you don't necessarily have to be religious to appreciate the complexity of universe around us. but you're right...whether you look at the microscope or macroscopic, there is sign of intelligent design. it's awe inspiring!

it's been said that one strand of DNA has so much data packed inside it that all the libraries in the world could not contain it if it was converted into text.

danmitch1

What about teleportation? they say that its possible with less complicated organisms but the human body has as many if not more molecules than every grain of sand on the planet.. our computers are not strong enough to re organize that many molecules.

bit off topic... lol

Mr. Friendly

What about teleportation? they say that its possible with less complicated organisms but the human body has as many if not more molecules than every grain of sand on the planet.. our computers are not strong enough to re organize that many molecules.

bit off topic... lol
one day maybe...who knows. scientists are now saying it's harmful for man to go into space. the lack of gravity and exposure to so many other radiations damages our DNA. maybe spinning space stations so there is a form of gravity would make the difference. which makes me think of a a quote from Arthur C. Clarke.
- space elevators will be built 50 years after everyone stops laughing.

moocow

Well if you're looking for a job now, why not take it unless you didn't like work for city hall? I guess just your lucky numbers coming up. But getting that report unsolicited seem extremely sloppy on their end.

Shadowmeph

City hall job was pretty hard because I work security and I =am alone and to have to deal with people that have been high for days and are a little psychotic is tough also dealing with Drunks or upset people on a daily basis is rough when I was there I cleaned up the whole area with the help of Bylaw and APD and multitask force police( kind of like DEA and gang task force and Swat undercover intermixed) at times but the time between my call and them getting there well allot can happen even if they show up with in 5 minutes.
but I cleanup the area around Abbotsford City hall the library and the courts outside plus there is an art gallery .
I received recommendation from the Abbotsford city Mayor which is kind of funny because at that time they didnt extend the contract for the company I was working for.
I think that may because my company was on Xmas vacation lol really A security company where the Admins go on vacation you say.. Yes they did .
now they are all suck ass to me gave me a 2dollar pr hr raise but I think that is more because of COvid then anything.
if I went back I would have to start all over again from scratch no thanks it was hard to get people to move on to stop drinking shooting up in stair wells pissing crapping in the fountains in spring summer and to do it with out to much aggression because I had no immediate backup .
I actually liked it after about two months of my work and the place was reasonably clean I would just have to walk up to people tell them it wasn't cool they are drinking or smoking dope or shooting up and they knew me well enough that I was giving them a chance to pack up and leave.

Latest posts

Twitter