What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

what's your experience with 'certified pre-owned' phones from mobility providers?

Mr. Friendly

depedning on cost of phone fido will force you to move tiers. Just can't justify paying nearly 2x for a much older phone if the option is there. But as you said your options are also limited to providers. Actually double checking the specs the TCL 20 is worse than my LG G7 from 2018... Maybe there is older inventory like that laying around.

Selection just in general seems to suck right now and prices on some phones are just nuts. One of the samsungs I looked at was $1300 or so upfront and $40/mo charge for the phone after that.
I know...all the flagship options are ludicrous in price. and it would be the TCL 20 Pro 5G...which has decent enough reviews with the primary complaints being the front facing cameras are lack luster while the selfie is outstanding and that the battery life was underwhelming. buuut, I think I will just continue to wait in the hopes of any variant of the M72 being released in Canada. that or maybe there will be steep discounts on something like the S20 Ultra ;)

but, I

Izerous

Folding Team
There are some step discounts flying around on the 5G velvet... but with LG leaving the market how well will it really be supported.

Mr. Friendly

There are some step discounts flying around on the 5G velvet... but with LG leaving the market how well will it really be supported.
that is one of my hesitations...but also because my G4 and G5 both failed on me within 2 years of getting them. the G5 was actually what they replaced my G4 with. and considering I've been stuck on Android 8 with my A5, as long as it gets security updates, I'm fine.

they're also liquidating the Moto Edge+ and while it's got awesome specs, it has so many issues due to the curved screen that I won't go for it.