What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

what's your idea of Galaxy S6?

yoanki

Will you buy a Samsung Galaxy phone without removable battery and SD card? With such a big awesome screen, lack of battery life is going to be frustrated, but the biggest problem is when the original battery loses its capacity, you can’t swap a new battery yourself. To be honest, I have a happy time with my Note 2 spare batteries. The metal case does feel nice, but Galaxy S6 is not the only phone with metal case, at least this time I will be looking at Galaxy’s competitors a lot more closely than before.

Last edited by a moderator:

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
I personally don't care about the Galaxy S6's non-removable battery since its charging capacity will likely last until I change my phone anyways. As for the SD card slot, that's simply par for the course so I won't loose any sleep over it since with cloud storage (Google Drive, etc.) and better offline backups internal storage is becoming a thing of the past.

Oh, I removed any references to a certain battery manufacturer. You know.....just in case that was an underhanded attempt to embed keywords that would up a certain battery manufacturer's Google page rank. But you wouldn't do that, would you? It's not like I would try to push this thread with mentions of a Galaxy S6 review or Galaxy S6 performance versus the iPhone 6.

Whoops. ;)

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Its funny. I was thinking the other day about this: Every time a new Apple phone comes out someone talks about it on here, and inevitably an apple hater...er I mean samsung owner...pipes in about the lack of these features...Anyways. :wink:

It is interesting that Samsung has decided that the feature use isnt worth supporting however. I guess there is a trade off for replaceable/removable features, and the way the current market is headed they feel this is the correct path to take.

To be honest, as an i6 owner, I would prefer expandable memory at a non-marked up rate. But hey. What can I do. As to the battery, Ive never been worried about Apple replacement batteries because they have all been easy to replace if you have any kind of hand-skills at all.

FreeKnight

Blatant promo post aside....

While my GSIII was a decent phone, I'm (so far) so much happier with my experience with the Z3 that I doubt I'll be going back to Samsung for a while. I still have expandable storage (which is a big one for me), no touchwiz, and Sony's current Android flavor is very close to stock, which I like. Feels and looks like a premium phone and I get about 2 days without a charge (and that's with 2 hours of music and 2 hours of video at the gym across those two days).

In a few years I could be singing a different tune, as apparently the adhesive that helps make the phone nearly waterproof makes repairs/battery replacement a bit tough, but so far I've been converted.

crazyea

I had one on pre-order. When I found out that they removed things to help their bottom line I cancelled. If I need the card reader or removable battery that is not really the issue, but they didnt do this to make our experience better they did this to make more money by cutting corners.

Needless to say I cancelled my pre-order and will look elsewhere for ym next phone.

Arinoth

Staff member
To me I don't see the loss of either of those things to be a big deal. The reason is based on the fact I currently us a Nexus 4, which has no SD card or removable batter and see no problem with it. I've never had a battery die on my Nexus 4 and my original SGS 1 (yes it has a removable battery) is still on it's original battery being used by my mother, putting it at 4+ year of use.

Desiato

I think it's a terrible idea to produce a phone without a replaceable battery. I never bought into the idea that polycarbonate phones are "cheap". They're logical, IMO.

However, this is one phone out of many Samsung offers, so it's really no big deal at all. To me, what truly differentiates Android from Apple is diversity. The S6 contributes to that diversity.

MARSTG

I am still rocking a Galaxy S III and I like it a lot, battery dies kinda fast when is looking for signal, but besides that I still manage with the integrated memory only but I ordered an extended capacity battery. As the owner of an Iphone 3GS and a Nexus 4, I am not bothered by the absence of additional storage nor the non removal battery, Apple functioned like that anyway from the beginning. I am still clinging on the S III due to the very beautiful screen, Samsung has the best looking screens from all the manufacturers, although the Nexus 6's screen was gorgeous as well. Also as a Samsung flagship the quality and the construction is top notch, not the same can be told of LG built Nexus 4 and 5. When the S II will die, I will most probably go for another flagship from Samsung.

gold3narms

I'm more concerned about the experience itself. I've never been a fan of TouchWiz. Always found it to be bloated. Which is why I've switched to the Nexus 5. Vanilla Android isn't perfect, but I've encountered less hangups and issues with it

ShinraCorp

I haven't seen it myself but from what I can tell owners of the S5 and previous ones weren't very happy when they heard that there's no removable battery.

Honestly I'm more interested in the next Lumia flagship this year, then again I am biased with Windows Phone lol.

Latest posts