What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Whats your latest purchase?

ipaine

I wonder if you could do anything with the iGPU to actually saturate and use up a 16GB allotment.
I'm sure you could if you say mod out an older title like Skyrim. You know a bunch of 4k textures and such can really up the vram needed. But as for a stock game, not that I know of that wouldn't be a slideshow at least.

Helzy

I agree with what iPaine decribes. I'm fighting with HP right now to unleash the Radeon 780M with the same APU in their new ZBook Power G10 A. As of right now they are crippling the 780M and only allowing a max of 512GB memory to be allocated as VRAM.

Ryzen 7 PRO 7840HS /w Radeon 780M, nothing runs, Adobe Photoshop? Crashes, WoW? Crashes, We have a large number of units that need to run ESRI ArcGIS. Imagine trying to load up a complex map no problem unless you try and open a feature class with a big ortho... you get the idea, not to mention, the Monitor Flickering on and off driving me NUTZ.

No we don't run WoW at work, point being min. specs call for 2GB of VRAM. AMD laughed at me. Still hoping HP support will come through but currently all iterations of the BIOS for these machines limit the memory allocated to VRAM at 512MB. Completely cripples the iGPU which should perform on par with like somewhere between an nVidia T1000 to a T2000, GTX 1650 closish to a RX 580?

C'mon HP and thank you @ipaine

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
I agree with what iPaine decribes. I'm fighting with HP right now to unleash the Radeon 780M with the same APU in their new ZBook Power G10 A. As of right now they are crippling the 780M and only allowing a max of 512GB memory to be allocated as VRAM.

Ryzen 7 PRO 7840HS /w Radeon 780M, nothing runs, Adobe Photoshop? Crashes, WoW? Crashes, We have a large number of units that need to run ESRI ArcGIS. Imagine trying to load up a complex map no problem unless you try and open a feature class with a big ortho... you get the idea, not to mention, the Monitor Flickering on and off driving me NUTZ.

No we don't run WoW at work, point being min. specs call for 2GB of VRAM. AMD laughed at me. Still hoping HP support will come through but currently all iterations of the BIOS for these machines limit the memory allocated to VRAM at 512MB. Completely cripples the iGPU which should perform on par with like somewhere between an nVidia T1000 to a T2000, GTX 1650 closish to a RX 580?

C'mon HP and thank you @ipaine
does AMD have any software that could override the BIOS limitations?

Latest posts