What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Whats your latest purchase?

great_big_abyss

I bought this for my HTPC:

MSI Global ? Graphics Card - R7 260X 2GD5 OC
msi_radeon_r7_260x_oc_2gb.jpg

great_big_abyss

This one was $139 at Newegg.com

I won't get it for a couple of weeks. My brother bought it for me with a gift card he received in exchange for my assistance on a number of PC related issues, and my parents will bring it back with them when they go visit in February.

I'm expecting it to be a stellar card for the money. My primary concern was it fitting in my Node 605, hence the small dimensions. Acoustics come a close second, but I'm sure that at idle (when watching movies) it will be inaudible. I may have to turn down the settings on some games at 1080P, but that shouldn't be too much of a compromise. Considering the GTX650Ti Boost in my son's rig plays BF3 at ultra & 1920x1200 no problem, and the 260X falls just short of the 650Ti boost, I'm thinking it will play triple AA titles at their 2nd highest settings no problem.

ChuckleBrother

Dashcam for my car, lots of driving(~2000km per week), way I figure it it's only a matter of time until something happens.
IMAG0048.jpg

Shadowarez

Folding Team
Got a pair of Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb ssd's then pricematched them from $270 all way down to $223 for money I saved I bought the 2 yr Rma so if anything happens ncix can take care of rma. If it werent for how bad samsung rma is id kept saved money lol.

Last edited:

ChuckleBrother

Which brand are you using? I'm starting to consider a BlackVue unit.

I'm using the ojocam Mini 0801(review). It's a bargain unit, but so far it seems to work quite well. $145 to my door with 32GB storage, a few things needed to clean up the install.

Total cost with cleanup is ~$190 and it seems to work just fine though I have only tested it on a night drive. The BlackVue is nice and was my first choice but is too pricey.

rfielder

I've got two.... Been happy with them. :)
I have one of these wireless Logitech keyboards as well, for my HTPC.

Only issue - somewhat nonstandard setup for some keys. I would not want to use this for a lot of typing. On an HTPC it is very good, elsewhere less so.

Last edited:

sswilson

Staff member
I have one to do as well, for my HTPC.

Only issue - somewhat nonstandard setup for some keys. I would not want to use this for a lot of typing. On an HTPC it is very good, elsewhere less so.

No, I wouldn't want to use it as a daily use typing keyboard (I find the keys are too close together), but I'm comfortable enough with it to use for gaming and general OS use on my secondary PC.

Latest posts

Twitter