What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Whats your latest purchase?

sswilson

Staff member
Just picked up a second set of Polk bookcase speakers mainly as a supplement on the high end for my aging SD1 s. I liked the brightness of the RTiA1s on acoustical tracks and it left me thinking that my SD1s seemed a little lackluster on that front so rather than look into replacing either the tweeters or the crossover I picked up a set of RTi4s (the predecessors to the RTiA1s) that I'm running in conjunction with the SD1s.

Both sets.jpg One set.jpg

Relatively happy with the results so far. I just got them in today so they need a good 100+ hours on them to break in, and I'm playing with the volume level ratio (they're set up as surround so I can hard adjust the volume up or down in relation to the main speakers) in an attempt to get just the right mix.

Nodscene

Managed to sell my Tekton M-Lores last night and was able to pick up a pair of Monitor Audio RX6's. Thankfully I got a good price on my old ones and the MA's were a demo pair so got them for $900 all in :) Only cost me $50 to upgrade haha. Gotta love when that happens.

Not my pair but this is what they look like...

5833d1248869909-monitor-audio-launches-silver-rx-line-monitor-audio-rx6-rosewood-1.jpg

zoob

Nice upgrade haha.

Continuing on audio line, I picked up a set of Audio-Technica M50X on impulse after seeing it heavily discounted over the Thanksgiving weekend.

sswilson

Staff member
Heh... all you real audiophiles with your expensive tastes.... ;) (That was me coming back from Germany, but I couldn't afford to keep the equipment up.... ).

The experiment with bookshelf speakers to add a certain amount of high end to my SD1s seems to be working but it's only an improvement for certain tracks / artists as it stands. I've got some speaker plugs inbound and when I install those I'm going to swap the new speakers out with the one's I've already got broken in to see if that mellows out the high end a bit (I suspect it will).

Bond007

Just got an ASUS memo pad 7" to give to my son for Christmas. I gave my daughter one last year and have been VERY happy with it for the price. Hopefully the new intel powered one treats us just as well. On sale for $129.99.

Latest posts

Twitter