What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Whats your latest purchase?

'47 Knucklehead

Intel NUC NUC5i5RYK

Broadwell i5-5250U processor (1..6GHz, 2.7GHz Turbo)
Intel HD Graphics 6000
7.1 surround sound audio
4 USB 3.0 ports, 1 mini HDMI, 1 mini Display
Gigabit Ethernet, WiFi, Bluetooth
12GB RAM
120GB SSD M.2
Windows 8.1 Pro (Now Windows 10)

VZqboij.jpg

GDOZYLt.jpg

DRtEYh6.jpg

uCtnZcV.jpg

FreeKnight

Is it a redesign, or a return to their original? But yeah... from what I've seen I much prefer the sail logo.

First kick at this round of mechanical keyboards (I've been around long enough to remember the IBM ones you could beat off an attacker with... :) ) for me, and it's difficult to choose a type of key without having access to a retail outlet that has them on display. I don't mind the browns, but sure as hell can see where they'd be annoying as all hell in a work environment. :)

edit: Do you use your wrist guard? It's comfortable for hand placement. but I'm not fond of how slippery it is.

I think it's a slightly tweaked version of the original sail logo. A little more angled IIRC.

I did use the wrist guard before, but I moved to an Uplift desk with a custom tray a while back so now I'm using it (which reminds me that I mean to post a member review at some point). I never noticed it being particularly slippery, or at least it's not sticking in my mind. I've gotten used to the reds, and like them, but browns were my other fav. I hated blues, so damn noisy. One thing I do like about the reds is that other than the space bar, since I never bottom out the keys it's pretty near silent when typing for me now. Might try o-rings one day.

Cypher^64

Intel NUC NUC5i5RYK

Broadwell i5-5250U processor (1..6GHz, 2.7GHz Turbo)
Intel HD Graphics 6000
7.1 surround sound audio
4 USB 3.0 ports, 1 mini HDMI, 1 mini Display
Gigabit Ethernet, WiFi, Bluetooth
12GB RAM
120GB SSD M.2
Windows 8.1 Pro (Now Windows 10)

These little NUC's are great little computers, I bought one when they first came out and put a 128GB msata card in it and use it as an HTPC. Quiet and fast, only thing I wish it had was an IR receiver.

My latest purchase was a new laptop, a Eurcom M5. Should be here next week.

grumps312

Are these little computers for connecting to TV for light browsing or something? Looks neat just don't know what purpose do they serve?

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
Some people use them as HTPC's playing videos from external drives or a NAS. They can also be mounted to the back of a monitor for those with tight spaces, or for retail/counter use.

fitbrit

In the last week I have bought, used:

A G27 wheel setup, from the guy who designed cars for lots of racing sims.

An Asus Z87 Gryphon, plus two mismatched 4 GB sticks of Corsair RAM from a member here.

Am still looking for a GTX 960 and a Haswell CPU.

Lpfan4ever

Shitty cell pic, ah well. Bought my Takeda AS Nakiri's super tiny baby brother. Who needs a handle anyways?

IMAG0812.jpg