What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Whats your latest purchase?

Babrbarossa

I just spent two weeks obsessively shopping all the sales on laptops and catching up on new components and finally after watching so many decent sales come and go, I ended up paying regular price for one and it's giving me anxiety! Laptops are exhausting! I probably didn't end up with the best possible deal, but I wanted a decent performing gaming laptop with a nice IPS screen and two NVMe slots for less than 1500. I have a sinking feeling, though, that I'll see this unit for $200 less on boxing week..... any thoughts? At the time of this posting, the price is $1499

sswilson

Staff member
No time machine here to know if it'll go on sale, but the specs seem decent enough for the listed price. If you do decide to pull the trigger don't forget ebates/rakuten... even if it's only 1% that's still $15 back in your pocket.

Entz

Amazon is pretty good about returns and you will be good up until boxing day. That is a good price for what is considered an extremely good laptop.

You can get the Y740 for the same price if the Rakuten discount works on Cyber monday stuff. That gives you TB3 at the expense of battery life (or 1720 for the 2070MQ version)

sswilson

Staff member
Actually the Y540 which is the equivalent is going to be 1479 (1345 after rakuten) in a few hours *NOW*. With 1 TB drive.
Only thing that doesn't appear to have is the dual M.2 ports, but lenovo in general seems to garner better reviews in the gaming laptop segment.

Entz

yeah the Y#40 series has a 2.5 drive bay instead of the second M.2 (which is why the battery life is lower). So you have that option. Actually the only reason I haven't gotten the Y740 (darn near perfect otherwise), they need to drop the 2.5 and use a bigger battery and a second M.2 in the next gen.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Twitter