What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Whats your latest purchase?

Soultribunal

Staff member
Thanks - I do wish the predator had dropped the 2.5 bay and lengthened the battery - battery life is not super, i see. Ive been watching the youtube videos since I posted and they're glowing about the value though - used to avoid acer laptops... Also just realized it may be awkward using it in public with the word "Predator" lit up on the back :p
They are very good value yes. And I am shocked myself at saying that over the years too , TBH. The Lenovo would have been a safe choice as well , though the top of the Legions has a little bit too much flex for my tastes. A G7 is a little more sturdy on top, but they didn't have many good sales on.

I'm sure the Helios will work out just fine for you. They have warranty support up here in Canuck ville as well should something go sideways.

Gaming laptops have sadly, but not so sadly become my daily driver.

-ST

JD

Staff member
About $300 shipped. And nope. These APs can run their Unleashed firmware. Which doesn't need to use a Zone Director controller. Most of their APs can run Unleashed. And the ones that can't, could run in standalone mode, just no mesh capabilities.
Ah good to know, maybe they changed it after they killed off their Xclaim line with the free cloud controller.

sswilson

Staff member
Folding Team
Heh... gotta stop visiting RFD and grabbing cheaparse (both price and quality) products I see there.... :)

Grabbed one of the $100 Westinghouse 32" TVs that RCSS has been pimping out since BF. I now have 6 TVs in a 3+1 bedroom house w/ 2 of them only being plugged in for guests (when and if we get them).

I used $40 worth of optimum points so it was only $60 out of pocket.

JD

Staff member
$100 Westinghouse 32" TVs that RCSS
I saw people buying them on the weekend, didn't understand why. The box looks awfully small too. But I guess at $100 that's a pretty good value. Is it 1080p at least?

sswilson

Staff member
Folding Team
Heh... it's doing 1080p, but whether that's native or it's a 720p screen being converted isn't clear.... :) Yeah, cheap, cheap, cheap... they make decent enough bedroom/guest bedroom TVs.

I'm using mine for Plane9 display during exercise and it looks pretty good.

sswilson

Staff member
Folding Team
Aaannnndddd now..........

Why I can't source 3mm hole plugs to fit my 7 Ikea Billy Bookcases somewhere in NA is a complete mystery to me (you'd think Ikea would have something, but apparently their hole plugs are the standard 5mm ones everybody else has). These will take 3 weeks to get here, but they're literally the only ones I've been able to find. (Of course... now that I've ordered them from Britain, somebody here will come up with a NA link at half the cost... :) ).

This again highlights my complaints about the global marketplace that was supposed to be able to provide us with exactly what we want in a reasonable amount of time.... what I find is that instead of their being 30 slightly different products so that we could choose the one that fits our needs exactly, we've got 30 different sources for what is essentially the exact same product.

Mr. Friendly

Aaannnndddd now..........

Why I can't source 3mm hole plugs to fit my 7 Ikea Billy Bookcases somewhere in NA is a complete mystery to me (you'd think Ikea would have something, but apparently their hole plugs are the standard 5mm ones everybody else has). These will take 3 weeks to get here, but they're literally the only ones I've been able to find. (Of course... now that I've ordered them from Britain, somebody here will come up with a NA link at half the cost... :) ).

This again highlights my complaints about the global marketplace that was supposed to be able to provide us with exactly what we want in a reasonable amount of time.... what I find is that instead of their being 30 slightly different products so that we could choose the one that fits our needs exactly, we've got 30 different sources for what is essentially the exact same product.
can't get them from IKEA? you should just email their parts team, likely get them sent out for free. they did that for an old chair that had lost some hardware to keep it together.

sswilson

Staff member
Folding Team
can't get them from IKEA? you should just email their parts team, likely get them sent out for free. they did that for an old chair that had lost some hardware to keep it together.
No, the ones Ikea carries don't work with the Billy Bookcases.

clshades

6tb portable seagate, dual charger for PS4 controllers, 4tb high speed storage drive for PS4, ran outta space downloading the monthly free games.

Latest posts

Twitter