What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Whats your latest purchase?

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
TCL 55" 6-series on amazon daily deal ($500), with a $250 gift card!
And, a 3900x Boxing Day special at $630, plus the Xbox pass & games to pair with my X570-E Gaming mobo.

And people say ski trips are expensive. I think it's only from the apres Ski and down time surfing the internet for deals after the hill closes! :ROFLMAO:

FreeKnight

Holy crap dude... that's a lot of coin on exercise equipment. Please tell me you didn't buy a peloton for your significant other.... :)
Nope, recently dumped the GF so it's all for me. Although I'm pretty sure buying an SO unexpected exercise equipment is a bad move no matter what the commercials say :D

I bought a few pieces that were commercial/light commercial. A freestyle trainer, a leg curl/extension, as well as some more premium home equipment. All Hoist brand so not quite as good as Hammer Strength/Life Fitness, but pretty close. I'm hoping that it'll last me 10+ years.

Only cardio is an octane max trainer, but I might buy a lateral x trainer down the road.

sswilson

Staff member
Yeah, I suppose commercial kit can come with a fairly hefty price tag so it wouldn't take all that long for the total to add up.

On the purchase front for me....

Three more rolls of filament (all I had were neutral colours so Red and Black PLA were "needed" and the one "real" print I want to do needs strength and can't be brittle so I bought a roll of white ABS), a multi-pack of metric thread socket head screws (as suggested by a member), and while I was at it I threw in a pack of replacement compression springs for the bed.

Overall that puts me @ about $550 total for the 3D Printer, but I'm assuming 6 rolls of filament will last me over a year (even with the initial outlay for printer mods, and family "cool" prints).

Seems expensive, but then I compare it to what folks pay for a couple of folks to spend 3 hours at a concert or sports event and count it as money well spent.... :)

lowfat

Staff member
Yeah, I suppose commercial kit can come with a fairly hefty price tag so it wouldn't take all that long for the total to add up.

On the purchase front for me....

Three more rolls of filament (all I had were neutral colours so Red and Black PLA were "needed" and the one "real" print I want to do needs strength and can't be brittle so I bought a roll of white ABS), a multi-pack of metric thread socket head screws (as suggested by a member), and while I was at it I threw in a pack of replacement compression springs for the bed.

Overall that puts me @ about $550 total for the 3D Printer, but I'm assuming 6 rolls of filament will last me over a year (even with the initial outlay for printer mods, and family "cool" prints).
What do you need the ABS for? PLA is stronger than ABS generally. But lower impact resistance, can start to stretch if under constant force for long period of time, and obviously can't handle more than about 50C.

If you start printing larger functional parts you'll start chewing through the filament. I've used 1KG in under an day. I've used probably around 20KG this past year.

sswilson

Staff member
What do you need the ABS for? PLA is stronger than ABS generally. But lower impact resistance, can start to stretch if under constant force for long period of time, and obviously can't handle more than about 50C.

If you start printing larger functional parts you'll start chewing through the filament. I've used 1KG in under an day. I've used probably around 20KG this past year.
It's for a barn door guide/track that will screw into my baseboard, but because my rail is longer than 2X the door (needs to be in order to clear the light switch) I'll need a minimum of 3 "tracks" in order to get full coverage over the whole rail length, and there's a chance of impact from the door thus I figure PLA might be too brittle. It's a small print so I figure it'll also give me a good chance to play with ABS without burning through too much filament.

sswilson

Staff member
Print with high infill if you're worried about impacts.
Wouldn't that make it more brittle though?

I'll get a chance to play with ABS one way or the other, but if I'm thinking of the right material it comes across as a bit more flexible than what I'm getting from the PLA prints I've done. (I'm thinking ABS is more along the lines of a screen door latch).

Mr. Friendly

not sure how your comment fits in with my post...but the HD27e was on wicked BF special and a client of mine bought it...then realized it wouldn't work with their control software, so sent it back. I told my employer I would take it and pay it off with my TV sale money. :p