What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Whats your latest purchase?

sswilson

Staff member
not sure how your comment fits in with my post...but the HD27e was on wicked BF special and a client of mine bought it...then realized it wouldn't work with their control software, so sent it back. I told my employer I would take it and pay it off with my TV sale money. :p
I googled the product from your post (had no idea what it was) and came up with the amazon.ca listing.... I just found it strange that it's coming up with financing options as I thought those were only offered on things like the Firesticks or alexa devices.

Mr. Friendly

hahahah...gotcha. no, it's a FHD projector...removing the space around my TV will open the living room up a lot, so decided to go the route of a projector and hang a screen so it can roll up and 'disappear'.

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
Wouldn't that make it more brittle though?

I'll get a chance to play with ABS one way or the other, but if I'm thinking of the right material it comes across as a bit more flexible than what I'm getting from the PLA prints I've done. (I'm thinking ABS is more along the lines of a screen door latch).
I find things tend to shear along a layer rather than break. More layer adhesion = stronger IMHO. Look into baking your parts too, that's supposed to promote adhesion. Also look into PETG.

sswilson

Staff member
If you start printing larger functional parts you'll start chewing through the filament. I've used 1KG in under an day. I've used probably around 20KG this past year.
Yeah, I've noticed that my Black is going down a lot quicker than I thought it would... nothing serious yet, but I've probably gone through 20% of my roll, and I've started printing some items for the printer that I want to hold up forever so I'm printing them @ 100% which does indeed take up a fair amount of filament. I've changed my plans to do everything in black and will be doing the handles of my toolkit in black, the drawers in white, and the outer case in grey in an attempt to even out my stock.

I can see however that I'm probably going to end up grabbing a 3 pack of black sometime in the near future so hopefully my RFD "filament" keyword will trigger a response to an awesome deal.... :)

supaflyx3

King suite at the Hilton in Victoria for new years, anyone from the island have suggestions on food/things to do for NYE? :p

Bond007

i3 3220.

Trying to clear out my computer stuff closet, and I have a SFF HP PC that I bought cheap for its 3770 and ram (added to my main desktop a while ago). Time to put a budget CPU/RAM in it to get it running and sell.

Izerous

Folding Team
Wife got a decent deal on a larger table saw as a Christmas present. Been picking up misc things to go with it so I can make a few sleds. Going to attempt to make a desk from scratch among a few other things of various sizes. Been doodling different plans trying to build cable channels etc into it. New kitchen table might come before the desk though.

These extreme colds kinda prevent me from doing much more than doodling in an unheated garage.