What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Whats your latest purchase?

Bartacus

Interesting, never heard of them, though I guess I don't really follow any social media outlets where it was likely advertised. How much did it run you?
All in, $209CDN to my door. I only heard about these guys on OCN, this thread in particular:

Bond007

A passive GT 1030 for my TV computer. GDDR5 verision, not the useless DDR4 variant.

Wasn't looking for it, but I stumbled on it and got it for $40 used. Time for the kids to have some TV rocket league, and me to now have native 4K on my old HP SFF box.

JD

Staff member
8" Lodge cast iron skillet. I have a 6, 10 & 12"...so wanted the 8" as it will be perfect for flap jacks! :)
Out of curiosity, do you use them on an electric stove? I was looking at getting a cast iron griddle to do pancakes and eggs, but it seems generally ill-advised to use on ceramic glass top stoves as it's too heavy and can scratch.

Shadowmeph

A new Touch Panel for my tablet want to do my best to fix it never did that before will be watching a few you tube videos and digging out an old guitar pick to open it up

Mr. Friendly

Out of curiosity, do you use them on an electric stove? I was looking at getting a cast iron griddle to do pancakes and eggs, but it seems generally ill-advised to use on ceramic glass top stoves as it's too heavy and can scratch.
I have a basic electric stove, yeah. using it a glass top isn't good as it can scratch, but it's more a breakage issue if it slips and hits.

FreeKnight

Generally, if it's sitting still on the top it's fine, but if you like to shake or jiggle the pan it's ill advised. Same thing for a griddle. I use my cast iron on my glass top all the time but if it's a dish I'll be shaking or tossing a lot I'll switch to stainless or carbon pans.

I've actually used my homemade baking steel griddle on the glasstop without issues.

lowfat

Staff member
Some 7" clear domes for my microgreen trays a bunch of seeds. Jalapenos, couple types of beats (some for microgreens, some not), chives, rosemary, white dutch clover, and red clover.

AmuseMe

8" Lodge cast iron skillet. I have a 6, 10 & 12"...so wanted the 8" as it will be perfect for flap jacks! :)
Very nice! Cast iron is my favourite to cook with.

My new 10.5” Stargazer just showed up. I’ve ran it through the oven a few times now to season it.

I also just stripped my early 1900’s Griswold #8 and am working on seasoning that one now too!

Latest posts

Twitter