What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Whats your latest purchase?

Bartacus

Got the new toys I mentioned a page or 2 ago installed, finally! Optimus Foundation AM4 CPU block for my Ryzen 3900X, along with G.Skill TridentZ Neo RGB RAM (16GB x 2, CL3600-16-16-16-36).

No RGB, for once!

Block performs very well so far, and the flow rate is on another level. I have 4 of these Barrow flow meters, and I've never seen one read this high.

CPU stays around 60C under full load, 2080ti tops out at 35C overclocked (+250 core +750 memory). For temps, this loop is the coolest loop I ever built.

Lysrin

Got the new toys I mentioned a page or 2 ago installed, finally! Optimus Foundation AM4 CPU block for my Ryzen 3900X, along with G.Skill TridentZ Neo RGB RAM (16GB x 2, CL3600-16-16-16-36).
Nice temps! I really wish I had put one of those flow meters and a temperature sensor to have a better sense of what my loop is doing, but I was short on space!

I monitor my component temps in Windows, but I would love to know what my actually water temp is, especially given that I've used PETG tubing.

gingerbee

mixed 4tb hard drives over the last 2 weeks and prices are slowly gone up plus western digital will only sell you 1 drive at a time every 30 days off amazon cause of low stock and not knowing when they're getting more.

SATA to PCIe card and some fan grills to cut some vent holes in the server case

So far Seagate hasn't started doing that yet only time will tell how bad this can get Linus made a vid the other day saying buy if your buying and weight if you don't have to cause everything is stuck in Shenzhen

lowfat

Staff member
2.4TB ioDrive2 Duo

Wanted to get a bigger drive to replace my 1.2TB ioScale and 320GB ioDrive Duo, so I could fit a bigger cooler on the GPU. Forgot this was an x8 PCIe 2.0 drive. The 3.2TB ioScale I was looking at was PCIe 3.0, but it sold out. So I'll either have to skip the bigger GPU cooler, or be bottlenecked w/ a x4 slot. :(

Bartacus

That sounds relevant to my interests! One of the upgrade I've not ordered yet is a silent board, but rather than get a simple Creality replacement, I'm open to more advanced options. The problem being I really don't know what my options *are*, LOL!

Canada Post guy (aka Santa) just dropped a big surprise off! My TH3D order cleared customs without me realizing, and it landed today. I was working from home this afternoon waiting for a Raspberry Pi delivery from a local place (buyapi.ca). Now I have my first 3d printing 'mod' pile!

In the pile is:

Rasperry Pi 4B + case + PSU + SD card + an actual printed how-to BOOK (*gasp*)
Meanwell 450W PSU replacement for the Ender 5 Plus
TH3D LCD upgrade kit for Ender 5 Plus (with a shroud I could have printed myself, D'OH!)
Aluminum extruder upgrade kit for Ender 5 Plus, with some upgraded extruder nozzles

Printer mods purchased but not pictured:

Capricorn tube upgrade kit
LogiTech C920S web cam (for Octoprint setup with the Pi)

Now the mainboard question must be answered next. Much more research is required!

Cypher^64

Was given a Apc 2000lv ups with dead batteries, bought 10 cp1250 batteries and swapped them. My server and network equipment will get ~118mins runtime on battery. Not bad for 150$

Latest posts

Twitter