What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Whats your latest purchase?

dragoonxx

Heh... that's a pretty substantial performance boost! :)
yep, rest of the system will be upgraded...at some point this/next year (gonna keep an eye on black friday sales for the rest... leaning towards 3600, undecided on board (possibly b550 if it's out by then?), 32 gigs ram, and an nvme SSD

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Been running in to some minor (annoyance only) limitations with my Qnap TS-451, so I started browsing around for used gear to maybe create my own raid system (and pfsense box perhaps)... that didnt happen because I got a CRAZY good deal on a BNIB Synology 1019+ so I went that route instead.

First impressions? Powerful hardware, but the Synology OS isnt as refined or nice as the Qnap OS. Maybe its just new and different, but I really feel the Qnap system was sleeker and more intuitive. Also having to learn to container a lot more things, where the Qnap almost always had a package.

Bond007

Jackbox party pack 3. $15 on greenmangaming.

I am sure my family will get some use with it over the coming weeks.

lowfat

Staff member
A bunch of 8GB/16GB Sandisk Industrial XI mSD cards, A Mean Well LRS-110-12, and a bunch of various current-sense resistors to do a shunt mod on my ol' GTX 1080.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
and a bunch of various current-sense resistors to do a shunt mod on my ol' GTX 1080.
Put up a thread about this if you would? I'd be interested in doing my 80ti now, as I'm sure we're going to see the 3xxx series shortly.

That way if I blow it up I wont feel so bad about 'upgrading' to the new card :ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Twitter